filing on a supervisor

Al-linskiii

supervisor arent allowed to load trucks as it goes against the contract. whats the minmum time worth filing agiasnt a supervisor whos been loading truck?
example: under 30 mins not worth it over an hour worth filing?

john chesney

supervisor arent allowed to load trucks as it goes against the contract. whats the minmum time worth filing agiasnt a supervisor whos been loading truck?
example: under 30 mins not worth it over an hour worth filing?
If you’re trying to send a message that you don’t want supervisors doing our work then any amount of time is ok.

Rack em

Made the Podium
If a supervisor is working then file. It doesn't matter how long they worked, the contract states the penalty pay for how long they worked. I believe it's 2 hours or less then it's 2 hours at time and a half, and over 2 hours is 4 hours at straight time?

Daf

Sometimes it is not about “making it worth it” financially. The point is that you do not want your work stolen by a supervisor.

Daf

I hate to agree with you, but from my experience, the sup will just say he is training.
If the sup is not side by side with a new hourly then his argument is invalid. If he is training someone that has completed their 30 days already then the hourly must be told to stop and watch.

PT Car Washer

If the sup is not side by side with a new hourly then his argument is invalid. If he is training someone that has completed their 30 days already then the hourly must be told to stop and watch.
I agree, but how much time is the Union Local going to spend on frivolous grievances. Especially when they have terminations on the docket. Your 10 minute sup working grievance will sit there for months. Not right, but the truth.

F

Frankie's Friend

I agree, but how much time is the Union Local going to spend on frivolous grievances. Especially when they have terminations on the docket. Your 10 minute sup working grievance will sit there for months. Not right, but the truth.
Our center manager just pays it.

Daf

I hear ya. Let them put it on the “back burner “ until they have time to hear it. In my opinion I think the most important thing on a supervisor working grievance is that it is on written record that the supervisor is stealing your work.

WorkingAsDirected

I have around 400 hours of grievance that should be heard this week by my union steward, BA, manager and labor. Last time this happened was a hearing over 40 hours and they negotiated me down to 20 with my BA saying I should take the deal. I thought this was a bad deal because the amount of supervisors working is insane. I am thinking of turning down any offer below 70% this time. Does anyone know what happens if I refuse? Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is a lot of subway sandwiches for me....

john chesney

I have around 400 hours of grievance that should be heard this week by my union steward, BA, manager and labor. Last time this happened was a hearing over 40 hours and they negotiated me down to 20 with my BA saying I should take the deal. I thought this was a bad deal because the amount of supervisors working is insane. I am thinking of turning down any offer below 70% this time. Does anyone know what happens if I refuse? Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is a lot of subway sandwiches for me....
Deadlocks to the state panel. Your grievances will then be held there. If this happens you should attend hearing

WorkingAsDirected

Deadlocks to the state panel. Your grievances will then be held there. If this happens you should attend hearing

Thanks for the help! What happens at state panel? I vaguely remember hearing something that If you refuse their offer it gets heard by arbitration and you will get 100% or nothing. This whole process is clouded in mystery to me.