Final Thoughts

OldMan

I'd like to thank everyone for their questions and comments. Like I said, it has been an enlightening experience for me. I hope everyone realizes the importance of the future of UPS. I would hate to see any of our retiree's wind up with the problems that are facing retiree's in the Central States Pension Plan. I wish everyone the best of luck in your lives, jobs & retirement.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
"The origin of ORION
The long-standing UPS culture of “constructive dissatisfaction” (stemming from UPS founder, Jim Casey’s belief that companies and people should always be looking for ways to improve themselves) led UPS to initially develop the ORION program. UPS is committed to continual investments in technologies, investing approximately $1 billion a year in operational and customer solutions. However, the company not only had to invest in technologies in order to develop the ORION program, they had to get creative in the solution."

this was from a propaganda pc. on ORION I read. "UPS press room"

when constructive dissatisfaction takes on "you can never do right, only wrong" meaning, the employee morale, therefore service as well as UPS's once solid reputation will eventually dissolve.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I'd like to thank everyone for their questions and comments. Like I said, it has been an enlightening experience for me. I hope everyone realizes the importance of the future of UPS. I would hate to see any of our retiree's wind up with the problems that are facing retiree's in the Central States Pension Plan. I wish everyone the best of luck in your lives, jobs & retirement.
"regardless, the war will continue."

wayfair

swollen member
Which one ... the lovers or the haters?
Do you really want me to start listing the men and women on here who express their hatred for UPS management?

Hard to get motivated for work when all you hear is how bad drivers are performing....

yet, we get the job done EVERYDAY

Box Ox

At my location, there aren't any members of management who aren't liked because drivers haven't really tried. Honestly, they're not disliked just for fun. They've just refused to be decent people day in and day out. Good day, bad day, rainy, sunnny, 8am, 6pm. There's no getting through to them.

Those in management who have realized we can treat each other very well/as human beings and still make a lot of money together are very well liked and highly respected.

I doubt it's a blanket "love" or "hate" for most of us on B.C. It's just the 51+ percent of our experiences when we think of "UPS management" that come out on here and make it look like a black and white issue.

rod

Retired 22 years
Brown cafe needs a few who like or love UPS to counter-balance all the bitter, angry UPSers (and ex-UPSers) that hate UPS.

You really going to open that can of worms again? Your side is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO out numbered on here I'm surprised you do that:-)

upschuck

Now that I am retired, I love UPS.
Every time I go to the doctor and on the first of the month.
There are others but they tend to not visit BC because of the negativity.

You really going to open that can of worms again? Your side is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO out numbered on here I'm surprised you do that:-)

Screw that. It was a good company.
Now just show me the money.
I kind of like my job.