Final Thoughts

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
UPS's reputation will dissolve when drivers treat customers as they are treated.
mioe2.jpg

CharleyHustle

Brown cafe needs a few who like or love UPS to counter-balance all the bitter, angry UPSers (and ex-UPSers) that hate UPS.

The problem is that most management posters mistake criticism for negativity, bitterness and anger. They make blanket statements that put hourly into groups that they can never escape. If you are bitter, that is what you are, have been, and always will be. Someone who says "I kinda like my job, but...." is bitter, and that's that.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The problem is that most management posters mistake criticism for negativity, bitterness and anger. They make blanket statements that put hourly into groups that they can never escape. If you are bitter, that is what you are, have been, and always will be. Someone who says "I kinda like my job, but...." is bitter, and that's that.
I think most see the true negativity, bitterness and anger coming through.
It's the reptilian part of the brain that lashes out without regard to logic or community.

upschuck

I kind of like my job.
I trust that wasn't directed at me.

CharleyHustle

I trust that wasn't directed at me.

Well, maybe. My point was that to some if you say "I kinda like my job" that is an affront because you don't wholly like your job and you are now labeled as negative, bitter, and angry. If you ask a pointed question, or criticize, or even complain you are labeled and can never escape that label. The stock response, and Old Man used it, is "you seem angry and unhappy, maybe you should get a job elsewhere".

I think most see the true negativity, bitterness and anger coming through.
It's the reptilian part of the brain that lashes out without regard to logic or community.

Look at this here. It is very true, especially if you like to make bold proclamations and then back out when everyone is so negative, bitter, and angry.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Look at this here. It is very true, especially if you like to make bold proclamations and then back out when everyone is so negative, bitter, and angry.
Well Pete,
Like I stated earlier, I chuckled when the Old Man made his first post.
He was naive and did not know what he was getting into.

ArcherUTR

I don't see that ever happening. it would have started already.

anyway , we drivers have too much class to lower ourselves to managements level . ( seriously )

I wish this were more true. With the way they treat the younger drivers and the ever increasing wage progression...

ArcherUTR

I'd like to thank everyone for their questions and comments. Like I said, it has been an enlightening experience for me. I hope everyone realizes the importance of the future of UPS. I would hate to see any of our retiree's wind up with the problems that are facing retiree's in the Central States Pension Plan. I wish everyone the best of luck in your lives, jobs & retirement.

I realize now that you may be retired and that you will be ultra busy globe trotting the world or raising livestock on your acreage.

But I also think that you are an internet pusillanimous if you leave. Stay and lurk. Contribute when you feel that you have valid input. Or maybe post in one of the many other topic forums here on BC.

I have know idea what those other forums may be. But I think you can click on them from somewhere, probably under the tab 'My Life And Career'.

upschuck

Well, maybe. My point was that to some if you say "I kinda like my job" that is an affront because you don't wholly like your job and you are now labeled as negative, bitter, and angry. If you ask a pointed question, or criticize, or even complain you are labeled and can never escape that label. The stock response, and Old Man used it, is "you seem angry and unhappy, maybe you should get a job elsewhere".

I don't think anyone wholly likes their job, every aspect of it. Even @OldMan said he didn't like some aspects of his job.