Finally had the surgery

dei8

So I finally had the foot surgery for my plantar fasciitis. All is well, now I am out about three weeks. Here is my problem. How do I keep the weight off. Already put on about 3 pounds and really have not gone crazy eating. Foot still hurts to walk on, and they have me wearing a boot. Now I know what feeder driver feel like(sorry feeders, low blow) Anyone have any ideas.

P

pickup

I assume you are really can't walk after this operation. How about swimming? You don't have to be michael Phelps, you just do it at your pace . Just threading water might be more exercise than what you are getting. And if you like the pool, it can be fun.

Mike57

Get a stationary bike , If you can handle it .Some sit ups too!!!
I know about the weight . I haven't worked since Jan. Long story. But you just have to be carefull, Even to mention this to your doctor , to see if any suggestions He(She) has.
I need to take off about 15 pounds myself !!!

fethrs

If you will be back on your feet in 3 weeks I think you will be fine,you may gain a few pounds but that's about it.
You can try to eat smaller portions 5 times a day instead of eating 3 big meals a day. This would be a good time to really take a look at how you can eat healthy foods and try to make it a habit.
I am not assuming you have bad eating habits, I just mean that since you have the time off it could be something to look into.
Also, I think I may have what you had, I had an MRI onmy foot last year but never had a follow up on it and I was mad at the Dr so I never went back (silly, stupid I know). How did it go and how do you feel now? Feel free to IM me if you want. Good luck.:happy2:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Pics, Over. Post pics!
All I could find on my computer was this picture of fethrs, doing sit ups, LOL.
attachment.php

situps.jpg

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
On a serious note, fethrs. I think you should go to a good shoe store, or maybe a foot Dr and see if they can prescribe something that will help correct the PLANTAR, without surgery. Back to my joke, LOL, I like that picture of you.:wink2: