Finally Noticing Employee Problem(?)

MassWineGuy

At a meeting we were handed a questionnaire asking what it would take for us to stay at FedEx, what needs improvement, etc. Very similar to the SFA, but much more open ended as to what someone might want to say. It’s anonymous, so we were told. It’s being distributed nationwide.

Not that it will help much.

NC man

Are they so dumb they have to ask? lol
The high ups in Memphis must occasionally visit sites like this, I would think.
Did you tell them everything is peachy keen?

Aquaman

Are they so dumb they have to ask? lol
The high ups in Memphis must occasionally visit sites like this, I would think.
Did you tell them everything is peachy keen?
Yes. They’re that dumb. They won’t comprehend how after announcing a step raise everyone will still complain about pay. They think the pay is competitive. They raised handler pay to $15/hr… equal to McDonald’s. And they think that’s going to do something. $20/hr for handlers, and top out every single employee that should’ve topped out 10 years ago. That’s the only solution. Spend all the money on hourlies. Managers are little more than a “call in sick hotline” at this point. Dump everything on bringing up hourly wages to be competitive with UPS. Our pay needs to be near theirs even without a union. We compete for the same workers with a $12/hr less top pay lol.

Cheesypurpletees

Yes. They’re that dumb. They won’t comprehend how after announcing a step raise everyone will still complain about pay. They think the pay is competitive. They raised handler pay to $15/hr… equal to McDonald’s. And they think that’s going to do something. $20/hr for handlers, and top out every single employee that should’ve topped out 10 years ago. That’s the only solution. Spend all the money on hourlies. Managers are little more than a “call in sick hotline” at this point. Dump everything on bringing up hourly wages to be competitive with UPS. Our pay needs to be near theirs even without a union. We compete for the same workers with a $12/hr less top pay lol.

FedEx doesn’t aim for competitive pay, they’ve always been in the game of “fair market wages”. A truly competitive market would be on par with ups wages

FedEx knows what the problems are with Express and Ground but they are too cheap to address them. At my location people just don’t care anymore. The company has turned on the hourly employee long ago and it was reflected in the earnings. As far as Ground I can’t see why any of the drivers should care with the daily screwing. The company has become a embarrassment on all levels.

It will be fine

FedEx knows what the problems are with Express and Ground but they are too cheap to address them. At my location people just don’t care anymore. The company has turned on the hourly employee long ago and it was reflected in the earnings. As far as Ground I can’t see why any of the drivers should care with the daily screwing. The company has become a embarrassment on all levels.
At Ground the apathy doesn’t stop at the drivers. Contractors don’t care anymore. Most managers don’t care anymore. Everyone is just cashing the checks, there’s no pride in the FedEx brand. When corporate leadership makes it clear they don’t care there’s no way the rank and file will.

At Ground the apathy doesn’t stop at the drivers. Contractors don’t care anymore. Most managers don’t care anymore. Everyone is just cashing the checks, there’s no pride in the FedEx brand. When corporate leadership makes it clear they don’t care there’s no way the rank and file will.
Yep! I totally agree with your statement. I see the lack of caring at all levels at Express also.

Star B

White Lightening
FedEx doesn’t aim for competitive pay, they’ve always been in the game of “fair market wages”. A truly competitive market would be on par with ups wages
The only reason why the wages aren't equal to UPS is because of the hurdles of the RLA. I bet if the RLA got axed, we would be pampered a :censored2:ton more because of the threat of the union

MAKAVELI

The only reason why the wages aren't equal to UPS is because of the hurdles of the RLA. I bet if the RLA got axed, we would be pampered a :censored2:ton more because of the threat of the union
It's not just the RLA but the also the labor market in general. We would not be getting a step raise right now if the labor market was at pre COVID levels.

Meat

It's not just the RLA but the also the labor market in general. We would not be getting a step raise right now if the labor market was at pre COVID levels.

I don’t see the labor shortage ending anytime soon.

Generation Z was raised on the notion that they are all unique and special, which is incongruous with the current state of the US economy (comprised of 30 - 40 percent of low paying jobs).

Many of them act like they are above hard work.

bbsam

Staff member
At a meeting we were handed a questionnaire asking what it would take for us to stay at FedEx, what needs improvement, etc. Very similar to the SFA, but much more open ended as to what someone might want to say. It’s anonymous, so we were told. It’s being distributed nationwide.

Not that it will help much.
It’s bull:censored2:. They know exactly what the problems are. They’ve heard them time and again. They are stalling and hoping employees think things are about to change. We’ve seen it over and over at Ground this year.

Aquaman

Just because UPS is union doesn’t mean you can’t compete with them. FedEx could easily pay UPS wage if they wanted to. There’s no reason FedEx has to be the less desirable job.

Serf

Here in the Northeast you can get a job a the local Supermarket for 18$ per hour with benefits. Or do you want to work at a ramp at 0300 in negative 2 degree weather?

Basement Dweller

Pay is weak for the amount of labor you can do. Almost anyone will choose grilling hamburgers for $15 a hour than deliver 150 pounds of kitty litter in the bitter cold for $17 a hour. My promotion finally got me out of doing manual labor, but I'm still watching the rest of the hub struggle to make rate because the place is understaffed 100+ people at the most labor intenstive positions.

fedx

Extra Large Package
If FedEx's RLA protection was revoked, I guarantee you things would change very quickly. They know with that protection, they don't have to worry about any unionizing. You remove it and just the threat of possible unionization would make them change their ways. We would become just like FedEx Freight. The vast majority of Freight is not union, but they pay them well so they don't even think about unionizing. People need to contact their congress person and ask to have FedEx's RLA protection removed. That would change everything at Express.

bacha29

If FedEx's RLA protection was revoked, I guarantee you things would change very quickly. They know with that protection, they don't have to worry about any unionizing. You remove it and just the threat of possible unionization would make them change their ways. We would become just like FedEx Freight. The vast majority of Freight is not union, but they pay them well so they don't even think about unionizing. People need to contact their congress person and ask to have FedEx's RLA protection removed. That would change everything at Express.
If a GOP congressional majority takes over in January there won't even be a hearing on the matter.