Finally paid the "white" price.

ups1990

My wife and I, went shopping for a stove, refrigirator and washer-dryer, you know, appliances. We got to the stainless steel section, a saleguy came over and told us if we were interested in these, we could pay the white price. Since were both not white, i said excuse me? Yes, you can pay the white appliance price and not the stainless steel. Man, if feels great to finally pay the white price for an item.

Now it's off to Sleep Train for the Vera-Wang organic collection. "Hey Wang! What's with the pictures? It's a parking lot! Come on. I think this place is restricted, so don't tell me your Jewish." Caddyshack.:happy-very:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My wife and I, went shopping for a stove, refrigirator and washer-dryer, you know, appliances. We got to the stainless steel section, a saleguy came over and told us if we were interested in these, we could pay the white price. Since were both not white, i said excuse me? Yes, you can pay the white appliance price and not the stainless steel. Man, if feels great to finally pay the white price for an item.

Now it's off to Sleep Train for the Vera-Wang organic collection. "Hey Wang! What's with the pictures? It's a parking lot! Come on. I think this place is restricted, so don't tell me your Jewish." Caddyshack.:happy-very:

Did you buy Whirlpool appliances? I seem to recall seeing a commercial from Whirlpool (or GE?) talking about free upgrade to stainless steel.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I hope he got Whirlpool over GE. My dad was a GE dealer, my house used to be full of it. Their quality went down a couple of decades ago after manufacturing went "offshore", as my dad called it. Whirlpool is usually better, they make most of Sear's Kenmore line. Most of GE, Maytag, and Fridgidaire stink, I would steer clear of those brands. jmho

We started buying stainless too. My wife hates it, she still likes Almond, which went out of style a long time ago. Sigh........

I hope he got Whirlpool over GE. My dad was a GE dealer, my house used to be full of it. Their quality went down a couple of decades ago after manufacturing went "offshore", as my dad called it. Whirlpool is usually better, they make most of Sear's Kenmore line. Most of GE, Maytag, and Fridgidaire stink, I would steer clear of those brands. jmho

We started buying stainless too. My wife hates it, she still likes Almond, which went out of style a long time ago. Sigh........

Oh really? She`s too good for olive green?:happy2:

ups1990

We haven't decided yet, but thanks for the Kenmore advice. We currently have white colored appliances.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
The house we just moved in to has all stainless appliances and since we've saved so much money in not buying this house, we're going to enjoy J.C. Penny's WHITE sale, LOL.:wink2:

OldUPSDriver

We have been living with a mix of black and white appliances for a few years and finally yesterday had all the white ones ( refer, dishwasher and ovens) replaced with black ones. Sold or gave away the whites!

ups1990

The other thing that got my attention was the true-convection oven. As oppose to the untrue or false convection oven.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We have a convection oven and don't even know how it works.:dissapointed:

We have the dual ovens. One was a regular and one was convection. Our house was a model and all the instruction books for the appliances were lost. I didn't use that upper oven (convection) for 5 years. Then my neighbor showed me that on the convection oven was a button that made it like regular. Duh, dummy me !! Now I can use both.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
We have the dual ovens. One was a regular and one was convection. Our house was a model and all the instruction books for the appliances were lost. I didn't use that upper oven (convection) for 5 years. Then my neighbor showed me that on the convection oven was a button that made it like regular. Duh, dummy me !! Now I can use both.
Ours is a convection/conventional oven. I wanna use it both ways.

More you can probably order the user manuals online, just do a google and 5. Sometimes you can even download PDF files of owners/operation manuals.

Ours is a convection/conventional oven. I wanna use it both ways.
Ahhhh, A Bi-cooker are ya? whodathunkit?