Finally stopping by!

DiadesSuk

10 year UPS employee here on the developer side. Noticed people actually saying what most of us are thinking with alot of stuff. Figured why not. Lots of good info here :D

rod

Retired 22 years
10 year UPS employee here on the developer side. Noticed people actually saying what most of us are thinking with alot of stuff. Figured why not. Lots of good info here :D
Beware--there is LOTS of BAD info on here also. Mostly put out by old retirees.

DiadesSuk

Oh, so you're the one...
1 of many lol... but i get all the feedback from my driver all the time. I'm not going to take the lashing as just like many of you guys here, the old retirees were involved and refused to let younger visionaries take the reigns and make things better. I dont see a lot of corp people on here and if they are they're just lurking to read. I on the other hand feel we have similar issues and headaches outside of any union :censored2:.

rod

Retired 22 years
1 of many lol... but i get all the feedback from my driver all the time. I'm not going to take the lashing as just like many of you guys here, the old retirees were involved and refused to let younger visionaries take the reigns and make things better. I dont see a lot of corp people on here and if they are they're just lurking to read. I on the other hand feel we have similar issues and headaches outside of any union *.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Once again the youngens to the rescue thinking they can save the day. Good luck. (apparently you don't realize what company you signed on with). You should have went to Amazon ---that young delivery company seems to have their ducks in a row :rofl::rofl::rofl:with fresh ideas (I'm joking you know).

DiadesSuk

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Once again the youngens to the rescue thinking they can save the day. Good luck. (apparently you don't realize what company you signed on with). You should have went to Amazon ---that young delivery company seems to have their ducks in a row :rofl::rofl::rofl:with fresh ideas (I'm joking you know).
I never stepped on the toes of the royal guard. I did as i was told and made it work regardless. I respect my elders even at UPS, hell I still work with some of the 40+ years and they personally call me for my opinion. I didnt come into it thinking I'd save the day but I never imagined not being listened to. It was disheartening there for a few years. But you're right. The UPS way is simply that. If you do the 3 things you will remain employed:

1. Always donate to UPSPAC
2. Retain stock
3. do as SR management tells you to do

DiadesSuk

Ever heard of Orion
im not responsible for Orion lol so duly noted.
Because you leave early every day for starters.
I put in almost 80+ hours a week trying to fix others mistakes.
Because that worthless department goes out of their way to create backwards programs...

Perhaps
Blame your management team. UPS doesnt allow me to be "Creative". Someone in your department makes some goofy ass request for functionality because they get paid to watch you work and while smoking on the loading dock a "great" idea came to them while they caught a 5 minute shut eye lol. That :censored2: trickles up from the hubs to our desk and we implement it. They for some goofy reason refuse to let the people actually using the tech to do the testing. Theyd rather have upper management order them breakfast and sit in the AC to do what they think is "testing" while yall work your asses off driving. I do the same song and dance every year. I feel the looks and hear the jokes when we visit the hubs lol.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
soooo ill ask, why do yall box tossers hate IT so much?

original.jpg