Finally, the Teamsters get creative

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Well from where I stand it's about dang time that the Teamsters start getting involved agressively with FedEx. I know that they are involved but it irritates me when I see them spend money on a plane pulling a banner spouting off against UPS. We should celebrate the fact that UPS still does provide us with good wages and the union with 100's of thousands of dues paying members.
Well anyhow it's nice to see that the Teamsters are spending our money on fighting this beast we call FedEx. Hopefully someday Congress will grow back bones and at the least demand that UPS and FedEx be regulated the exact same what ever that may be.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Well from where I stand it's about dang time that the Teamsters start getting involved agressively with FedEx. I know that they are involved but it irritates me when I see them spend money on a plane pulling a banner spouting off against UPS. We should celebrate the fact that UPS still does provide us with good wages and the union with 100's of thousands of dues paying members.
Well anyhow it's nice to see that the Teamsters are spending our money on fighting this beast we call FedEx. Hopefully someday Congress will grow back bones and at the least demand that UPS and FedEx be regulated the exact same what ever that may be.

That is FUNNY! The guy who plays Smith is right on the money. Why did it take so long to come up with something to counter Brownbailout.com? I'm waiting for one of the Smith-lovers to get on here and explain (again) that we're an "airline" when we're the same thing as UPS.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I'm sure now that Smith will mandate that each and every FedEx vehicle will be fitted with a pair of wings. :funny:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I find it strange that people must always conclude that UPS is getting a bailout or that FedEx is profiting from buying law makers. The facts are clear as day. Two companies that do the EXACT same job are governed differently. This is not legal in the common world, it's called discrimination. So I say you have one of two choices. You either require FedEx to work under the same regulation as UPS or you require UPS to operate under the same regulation as FedEx. Like I said its simple! Ironically I have never seen FedEx express trailors on the railway, but I see UPS trailors on them all the time. Thats just funny to me because FedEx not UPS fall under the Railway Labor rules.

vantexan

I find it strange that people must always conclude that UPS is getting a bailout or that FedEx is profiting from buying law makers. The facts are clear as day. Two companies that do the EXACT same job are governed differently. This is not legal in the common world, it's called discrimination. So I say you have one of two choices. You either require FedEx to work under the same regulation as UPS or you require UPS to operate under the same regulation as FedEx. Like I said its simple! Ironically I have never seen FedEx express trailors on the railway, but I see UPS trailors on them all the time. Thats just funny to me because FedEx not UPS fall under the Railway Labor rules.

But the RLA applies to the railroads, not to the companies who use the railroads. Big difference. Scheduled airlines got brought in under the RLA for the same reasons it was enacted for the railroads. Question is should it apply to FedEx? And especially to drivers who don't work on or in the airplanes? And why are pilots allowed to unionize but not us? That's what makes the whole thing look like a sham.

The Mayor

But the RLA applies to the railroads, not to the companies who use the railroads. Big difference. Scheduled airlines got brought in under the RLA for the same reasons it was enacted for the railroads. Question is should it apply to FedEx? And especially to drivers who don't work on or in the airplanes? And why are pilots allowed to unionize but not us? That's what makes the whole thing look like a sham.

So true. And yet we still never hear anything about how sneaky Fred was when he put in his own little bit of legislation to keep us from being able to organize back in 2006, I think. Now all of a sudden he is screaming bloody murder because this current and unfavorale legislation has a legitimate shot. What an A-hole. The skit is funny though, about damn time.

Overpaid Union Thug

I think its funny that the ant-union crowd is quick to jump on FedEx's side on this issue. They only see that UPS is unionized and quickly jump on FedEx's side on this issue for that reason only without even looking at the facts. A true business minded person can look at the particulars of this and see that this is about leveling the playing field. But the anti-union crowd can't take the blinders off to see that. Actually.....if I were anti-union and I still didn't realize that I'd still be on UPS's side because I'd see that corporate UPS isn't pushing for this because they want FedEx unionized simply for the sake of being unionized and definitely not because they are pro-union because we all know UPS is NOT! LOL!

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I understand this, I was just pointing out the irony of it. I also agree with the other post in the fact that people will support FedEx for no other reason then the fact that they are anti-union. Most importantly I would also like to point out that not all pro-union people are Democrats. I'm a proud conservative, but I also believe in the right for employees to organize unions. Employers have rights as well, compensate your employees well enough that they will not seek unionization.

Broke

So true. And yet we still never hear anything about how sneaky Fred was when he put in his own little bit of legislation to keep us from being able to organize back in 2006, I think. Now all of a sudden he is screaming bloody murder because this current and unfavorale legislation has a legitimate shot. What an A-hole. The skit is funny though, about damn time.
Actually, it was 1996.

I agree with about time but, why isn't someone questioning why it took 37 years? Is there some extra money floating in some peoples pockets? Let's face it, Mr. Smith's cash has no names attached to it.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Here's a start: :angry::angry::angry: We've mad and we want something:angry::angry::angry:
We're going to do...something:angry::greedy::angry:
Don't mess with us or we'll threaten you or kind of threaten you

Last edited:

SWORDFISH

Here's a start: :angry::angry::angry: We've mad and we want something:angry::angry::angry:
We're going to do...something:angry::greedy::angry:
Don't mess with us or we'll threaten you or kind of threaten you

Heres another guy thats talking w/ his tongue stuck to the poll. I have no idea what is being said here. Sounds like a manager speaking though.:funny:

Broke

I agree with about time but, why isn't someone questioning why it took 37 years? Is there some extra money floating in some peoples pockets? Let's face it, Mr. Smith's cash has no names attached to it.
Probably the reason it took 37 years is because there is a real interest amongst the Fedex ranks to organize. As with my location over 75% of us have already signed cards and I'm sure there are many other locations that are the same way. 6 or 7 years ago, there wouldn't have been this much interest. By the way, we actually have a President that will sign this bill if it makes it to his desk.