Finally won bid on route

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Start running 3 hours or more over on the route they assign you until they decide to put you on your new bid route.

File a grievance, in my area they have 10 days to put you on your new bid.
Check with your steward and/or business agent.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Tell them fine I will run it blind then. Either bomb it until someone trains you or you figure it out.

This job isn't that hard it'll all get done eventually. I might also add file 9.5 after your first 3 days.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
If it's been a month you definitely should have been moved by now. Grab a steward Tuesday morning when you come in and fill out a grievance form and make a photocopy.

Next go with the steward and tell your center manager that it's been over a month, you have a right to be on your bid route and you expect to start running it that day. If he doesn't agree to it, hand him a copy of the grievance and have the steward file it.

By The Book

Start running 3 hours or more over on the route they assign you until they decide to put you on your new bid route.

File a grievance, in my area they have 10 days to put you on your new bid.
Check with your steward and/or business agent.
I disagree with your first 2 sentences about telling a guy to run 3 hours over and to file a grievance. Everything after that was decent advice. Just wanted to let you know what I disagreed with in your post.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I disagree with your first 2 sentences about telling a guy to run 3 hours over and to file a grievance. Everything after that was decent advice. Just wanted to let you know what I disagreed with in your post.
I subscribe to the notion that the "squeaky wheel gets the grease" at UPS.
While normally an obvious slow down would not be good advice, this situation is different.
No center manager or Labor Manager would take this driver to panel over a reduced SPOHR in light of the fact that they are being denied for over a month their right to take their bid route.
But to suggest that this driver take an unpaid day or a Saturday to learn the route to management's satisfaction is ludicrous.
Now you know why I disagreed with you.

JL 0513

Since going to cover driver in May, I've done about a dozen routes plus many different split areas. Different everyday. I've only been trained on 3, all the rest blind. Always finish "on time".

Hint: Good smartphone with portable charger. ;)

By The Book

I subscribe to the notion that the "squeaky wheel gets the grease" at UPS.
While normally an obvious slow down would not be good advice, this situation is different.
No center manager or Labor Manager would take this driver to panel over a reduced SPOHR in light of the fact that they are being denied for over a month their right to take their bid route.
But to suggest that this driver take an unpaid day or a Saturday to learn the route to management's satisfaction is ludicrous.
Now you know why I disagreed with you.
Just to clarify I said take a sick day, which is a paid day. I was only trying to give him a way to learn the route since after a month he still wasn't on it and I'm sure if he had the area knowledge he would be on it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Since going to cover driver in May, I've done about a dozen routes plus many different split areas. Different everyday. I've only been trained on 3, all the rest blind. Always finish "on time".

Hint: Good smartphone with portable charger. ;)
As much as management hates to admit it some drivers just don't pick up routes quickly at all.

We have a driver that did his training route then immediately got a route given to him. 3 years later his route became a training route. His route is a real ball buster no one wants to run it. He burns it up though. Well while bumped he gets put on what I consider gravy country runs. He's now workin 12 hours a day and 3 hours over. He says "I have no clue how you guys just pick these routes after a few days".