Finished my 40th day, now what?

snarts

Finished working my 40th day before 70 working days. In my center that qualifies me for the union. My question is what happens now? I was going to speak to my sup but everyone has told me before not to let them know how many days you worked.

rod

Retired 22 years
If from what I read on here I understand that now you are qualified to call in sick 3 days a week, go on FMLA leave for 6 months, EC all packages on your route and become a feeder drive overnight.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Sounds to me like you are in the union. Get the paperwork going asap. Talk to the steward today.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Finished working my 40th day before 70 working days. In my center that qualifies me for the union. My question is what happens now? I was going to speak to my sup but everyone has told me before not to let them know how many days you worked.

Now, you're screwed...,

for a long time.

snarts

Sorry, I guess I didn't really make it clear. To enter the union am I suppose to let someone from the union contact me or am i suppose to contact them?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Sorry, I guess I didn't really make it clear. To enter the union am I suppose to let someone from the union contact me or am i suppose to contact them?
Where you are at, you should be enrolled automatically (you probably already signed a membership card when you were hired). If it would put your mind at ease, call the union hall and ask them if you need to sign anything.

Do you need help finding out what Local union you're in and how to find the phone # & website?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I'd be more concerned with whether or not I was a qualified driver than if I was in the union.

snarts

Where you are at, you should be enrolled automatically (you probably already signed a membership card when you were hired). If it would put your mind at ease, call the union hall and ask them if you need to sign anything.

Do you need help finding out what Local union you're in and how to find the phone # & website?
thanks i'll look up that info

I'd be more concerned with whether or not I was a qualified driver than if I was in the union.
I'm a measly preloader