Fired. Can union bring back?

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Stealing time is dishonesty, and dishonesty is covered in the contract and recognized by the union.

We're more likely to find someone who is stealing time when they have unreasonably poor performance. The reasons for this ought to be obvious. First, if you're stealing time, your performance must necessarily suffer because of it. Second, no one spends a ton of time going through telematics of drivers who do not appear to be safety, service, or performance problems, because there are plenty of actual and known safety, service, or performance problems to investigate and address; apparent problems are investigated in order of severity, so the guy who is 5 stops/hour below what is reasonably expected is WAY higher priority than the guy that's 0.25 stops/hour below what is reasonably expected.
The Union doesn't recognize SPORH as a performance metric.

I repeat their isn't a production standard recognized by the Union.

Raw

Raw Member
Stealing time is dishonesty, and dishonesty is covered in the contract and recognized by the union.

We're more likely to find someone who is stealing time when they have unreasonably poor performance. The reasons for this ought to be obvious. First, if you're stealing time, your performance must necessarily suffer because of it. Second, no one spends a ton of time going through telematics of drivers who do not appear to be safety, service, or performance problems, because there are plenty of actual and known safety, service, or performance problems to investigate and address; apparent problems are investigated in order of severity, so the guy who is 5 stops/hour below what is reasonably expected is WAY higher priority than the guy that's 0.25 stops/hour below what is reasonably expected.
We are instructed to go through our load for misloads before 3pm and then are questioned why we had no deliveries for 15 min!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
We are instructed to go through our load for misloads before 3pm and then are questioned why we had no deliveries for 15 min!
They do that here. I bet the fools in Atlanta get alerts like the emergency broadcast system sends out when people exceed a certain amount of down time. I have a stop that is 45 minutes in and 45 minutes out. There are days I don't do a stop for almost 2 hours, that command center must be on full alert because of me.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
They do that here. I bet the fools in Atlanta get alerts like the emergency broadcast system sends out when people exceed a certain amount of down time. I have a stop that is 45 minutes in and 45 minutes out. There are days I don't do a stop for almost 2 hours, that command center must be on full alert because of me.
So it takes 45 minutes to drive up the driveway?
Or what do you mean?

542thruNthru

I know management does get a report on this stuff. I think it's a gap report but I could be wrong on the name.

They questioned me once about a 35min period where the truck didn't move and nothing was recorded. Told them I took a 15min break and then sorted my truck. They were still upset but tough cookies!