Fired. Can union bring back?

barnyard

KTM rider
My guess is posting on social media while on the clock.

We had a guy in my building get a warning letter for pulling over to answer a phone. He was stopped for 18 minutes and did not punch out on break for the personal call. He retired less than a year later.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
We had a guy in my building get a warning letter for pulling over to answer a phone. He was stopped for 18 minutes and did not punch out on break for the personal call. He retired less than a year later.
He was pooping in the back of the truck. Don't need to clock out for bathroom

barnyard

KTM rider
The OP was either observed or has shown up on a report taking more than 15 minutes in between stops, at which time, someone went out to figure out what was going on.

Air Recovery

Seeing how easy it is to actually truly "steal time" and milk the clock, if they literally fired you for stealing time that means they have hard evidence, documentation or observation of you stealing time.

You're probably gonna be ok but they are gonna drag your hearing out so you will be on unpaid leave and they will do it to get their money back.

542thruNthru

If a driver is caught stealing time and then fired
What are the chances of the union brining the driver back?

Depends on how you were stealing time. Drivers have been terminated for stealing time anywhere from too long a bathroom break to blatantly sitting playing on their phone for a hour.

It will all come down to what you were doing, the evidence they have, how well you're liked and how good your BA is.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Seen it go both ways. Last year a 30 year feeder driver got fired for not punching out on break when he stopped at a convenience store to get a snack, he's gone.