Fired club

R1wonder

Who’s in the beginning of the year plus contract year discharged club , I didn’t record my 3 min stop to buy a drink , so I’m in the club 🍻 . And apparently 6 others in my hub

Returntosender

It’s look for the smallest violation club
97F57430-19DE-4EAD-A920-20331AE7861F.jpeg

ManInBrown

At home , it’s a real discharge. Hoping they don’t drag their feet on it
Good luck, if all you did was buy a drink you’ll be back. It’s a real shame, it’s firing season. It’s amazing how heartless they are, all because they want to thin the payroll during the dreaded slow Jan-Mar. All hourlies should take notice of this, they are not your friend. I wouldn’t take a leak on management if they were on the side of the road on fire. I’d drive right by, honk and wave.

R1wonder

I have no past discipline really besides a letter for not closing my bulkhead door . I haven’t called in sick in over 2 years , I volunteer for sat, but they are up my ass so it is what it is . We can’t split up a break. So If I spend 3/4 min to get that drink and record it, and I want a drink later in the day . There is no way to record that one. Not many options . It’s great they can fire people for legit anything if they want , just to be the tough guys

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Who’s in the beginning of the year plus contract year discharged club , I didn’t record my 3 min stop to buy a drink , so I’m in the club 🍻 . And apparently 6 others in my hub
Seems key facts were not listed here?

Since the company does not provide us with water, and we are on the road, it seems not unreasonable that a driver may have to stop during the workday. Would you discipline an inside employee going to the water cooler?

ManInBrown

I have no past discipline really besides a letter for not closing my bulkhead door . I haven’t called in sick in over 2 years , I volunteer for sat, but they are up my ass so it is what it is . We can’t split up a break. So If I spend 3/4 min to get that drink and record it, and I want a drink later in the day . There is no way to record that one. Not many options . It’s great they can fire people for legit anything if they want , just to be the tough guys
You can absolutely buy a drink on the clock, total BS and it will never stick. You just can’t stand in the store for ten minutes BSing with the cashier. Unfortunately unless you get back pay, you could be out a pretty penny until you’re out back in service. Just like you can also break off 66 times to use the restroom. It will piss them off but there’s nothing they can do about it.

Were you making a delivery or a pickup at the store? I wouldn’t recommend driving twenty minutes off route in the dead of winter to buy a drink. You can drive off route to use the bathroom on the clock anytime you need to if you don’t have one on route. But then if you also buy a drink that could turn into a problem. If they see you constantly driving off route they might go there one day and if you buy something also, not saying it’s right but they would already be T’d off about you driving so far to use the bathroom.

Last edited:

Wally

You can absolutely buy a drink on the clock, total BS and it will never stick. You just can’t stand in the store for ten minutes BSing with the cashier. Unfortunately unless you get back pay, you could be out a pretty penny until you’re out back in service. Just like you can also break off 66 times to use the restroom. It will piss them off but there’s nothing they can do about it.
Lawyer up if no back pay.

ManInBrown

Lawyer up if no back pay.
I hear ya but they’re calculated with that back pay. Right before it goes to panel they’ll offer you your job back no back pay, if you don’t accept and lose at panel you’re done. Lot of guys/gals jump. Can’t really blame them. Just want to get back working.

Wally

I hear ya but they’re calculated with that back pay. Right before it goes to panel they’ll offer you your job back no back pay, if you don’t accept and lose at panel you’re done. Lot of guys/gals jump. Can’t really blame them. Just want to get back working.
Take job back, then sue. Any good lawyer would have no problem collecting if this is all that went down?

Wally

I'm pretty sure you can't do that, ie, agree to a negotiated outcome under a CBA and then turn around and sue.
The company's illegal firing caused undue emotional trauma and financial duress to which my client deserves compensation.

R1wonder

Were you making a delivery or a pickup at the store? I wouldn’t recommend driving twenty minutes off route in the dead of winter to buy a drink. You can drive off route to use the bathroom on the clock anytime you need to if you don’t have one on route. But then if you also buy a drink that could turn into a problem. If they see you constantly driving off route they might go there one day and if you buy something also, not saying it’s right but they would already be T’d off about you driving so far to use the bathroom.
Delivery was next to gas station . Parked between the two. Did the delivery , walked into gas station, got my :censored2: and left fast . They’re just bored

Wally

Delivery was next to gas station . Parked between the two. Did the delivery , walked into gas station, got my :censored2: and left fast . They’re just bored
Did you ask how one is to hydrate if in the field and in need of fluids?

I would think this would be the first thing out of union rep's mouth?