Xanosuke2

Monday morning I was pulled into the office, shop Stewart present, and was told I was being fired for an act of dishonesty. I had delivered to a business Tuesday of last week and couldn’t find a package for them. The receiver told me it was fine and to bring it the next day I delivered to them. I found the package later in the day and drove to the business after 4:00pm. In my experience, no one is there after 4:00, so I sheeted it up NI1. The receiver never called in a complaint or reported a missing package bc they got it the very next day. Supervisor decided to send security to the business bc it showed up as off area scan bc I had to sheet it up at the guard shack. That is when they said I was being dishonest bc I never went to the guard shack, yet experience with that business they’re never there after 4:00 and the receiver said bring it the following day. Supervisor said they have a 2nd and 3rd shift and I didn’t make an attempt to go to the guard shack. Other than getting a statement from the receiver stating it’s ok to bring it the following day, what else Can I do? To me this seems more failure to follow procedures than dishonesty...

Xanosuke2

So you are saying you sheeted the package no where near the business?
It was at the business, just the board showed off area bc it was at the guard shack, not at the receiving dock. Guard will not let you past the gate unless someone is there to receive the package.

Xanosuke2

Then they shouldn't be an issue
Their issue is they’re saying I never went in the guard shack and make an attempt. Even tho I said the receiver told me to bring it the following day, and previous experience no one is there after 4:00 I didn’t see any need to go into the guard shack. They’re telling me someone was there at the time and I could have made the delivery. I just didn’t know if there’d be anything else I could get other than a statement from the receiver. As stated, no calls was made by them missing a package, this is just a case of management digging for issues that don’t exist. And I’m currently on day 2 of being fired with no projected return date as of now.

Their issue is they’re saying I never went in the guard shack and make an attempt. Even tho I said the receiver told me to bring it the following day, and previous experience no one is there after 4:00 I didn’t see any need to go into the guard shack. They’re telling me someone was there at the time and I could have made the delivery. I just didn’t know if there’d be anything else I could get other than a statement from the receiver. As stated, no calls was made by them missing a package, this is just a case of management digging for issues that don’t exist. And I’m currently on day 2 of being fired with no projected return date as of now.
What did your steward say?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
how new are you

Xanosuke2

What did your steward say?
He wanted statement that no one is there to sign after 4:00, but the business has a second and third shift so that wouldn’t matter now. He also wanted a statement from the receiver saying it’s ok to bring it the following day. Management says they don’t acknowledge bringing a package the next day and if I had futured the package I’d still be in the same situation. Their continued arguement was I didn’t make an attempt and didn’t go into the guard shack.

He wanted statement that no one is there to sign after 4:00, but the business has a second and third shift so that wouldn’t matter now. He also wanted a statement from the receiver saying it’s ok to bring it the following day. Management says they don’t acknowledge bringing a package the next day and if I had futured the package I’d still be in the same situation. Their continued arguement was I didn’t make an attempt and didn’t go into the guard shack.
Wish I had an answer or you. Have you been in trouble before?

Boxslinger11

Next gen teamster
just because they have a 2nd and 3rd shift doesnt mean they are open for receiving then? id contact the business and the BA

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
did you go in the guard shack

Xanosuke2

Wish I had an answer or you. Have you been in trouble before?
Recently? Or within my employment? They probably hate my guts bc me and the shop Stewart are really close and call them out on their crap a lot. Granted, I’m not filing grievances on sups working or anything. Just the typical 9.5s here and there. I did file an osha complaint that a sup instructed me to take a leaking hazmat back to a business and continue working in it. They also wrote me up for a misdelivery that went to the exact same building but two companies run out of it and share the same dropoff point for the packages. They wrote me up for that almost a month later than the date it was delivered then changed the delivery date in their system to a day I was out on workers comp.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
you don't work for the receiver you work for UPS which works for the shipper, i'm not trying to be a dick but in this case your incorrect mentality got you into trouble

listen to your BA, say sorry, and when they bring you back don't break methods like this again

Xanosuke2

you don't work for the receiver you work for UPS which works for the shipper, i'm not trying to be a dick but in this case your incorrect mentality got you into trouble

listen to your BA, say sorry, and when they bring you back don't break methods like this again
I get that, not even arguing my case on that. Arguing that it’s failure to follow their stupid, “methods and procedures” bull crap they link all write ups under now, not dishonesty.