Fired for job abandonment

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by UpsAngel, Nov 29, 2017.

1. UpsAngel

UpsAngel Member

4 years with ups definetly not a newcomer.

Anyway, today im working and i get called in to a discharge paper for job abandonment.

Story goes im utility right now, because of an injury i cant lift over 50lbs and cannot be in my usual sort aisle or preloading trucks i been labeled permant disabled. So i kind of just roam to where needed somedays they forget about me completely. Most days i break bags for belts into totes, as soon as im done with my job i leave in risk of getting called out for stealing time.

Back to today, he tells me i had abandoned my job and therefore it was grounds for dismissal i was in the biggest shock because i been back for 3 weeks since my injury and have left like this before. I really wish i would have looked for a super and just daud bye before i walked out.

Steward said not to worry that i will get my job back in no time. Gave me # to BA. BA happened to be meeting up with my management today and will mention my case. If notresolved today he said it would resolve itself within a week for wrongful termination because i wasnt even given a warning or even a he said she said.

I know i screwed up by not telling at lest a part timer that i was clocking out. What are my chances of getting my job back? At this point i can even use the negative comments. Im a mess right now just thinking about my 6 month old and his benefits.

2. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

you will get it back

3. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

You'll get your job back but let this be a lesson to you. You need to communicate with your Sup. It seems you've gotten used to just doing what you want.

4. Jkloc420

your fired

5. 542thruNthru

No I'm 542thruNthru. Do you mean you're fired?

6. Jkloc420

no because im not writing on your way home

7. 542thruNthru

Is this a riddle? I can honestly say I have no idea what in the wide wide world of sports you're talking about.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. SoCalUPS

SoCalUPS Active Member

If the issue is exactly as you explained it, you will be back. Unfortunately some members are not truthful. So if there is more to this or you have been previously warned, you might be screwed

9. cosmo1

cosmo1 Punk ass, old retired prick, and loving it.

Don't worry.

I'm convinced he doesn't know what he is talking about.

10. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. 542thruNthru

Well done. Was wondering if anyone would know what I was saying. :)

12. UpsAngel

UpsAngel Member

Just got a text from BA.

I asked:
    "Be honest is there a chance coming back from this? I am worried sick, i have kids, you know? Henry(Steward) said 99% il be back. Is he just blowing smoke? Im a mess right now."

He responded:
    "I'm confident I'll be able to work it out"

Hopefully it turns out well. Il post back with update.

13. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Are you going to demand back pay?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. UpsAngel

UpsAngel Member

I solemnl swear i was done with my work so i assumed i would clock out and leave just like many of the older people do. Did i mention he is a new manager whichbis why i think he is having issues with the way old manager ran things and us the workers are paying for it.

15. cosmo1

Why do you care?

You will probably suggest not to.

16. el blanco

el blanco new member

some would say 4 years is a newcomer

17. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I most definitely would suggest that he not even bring it up.

18. UpsAngel

UpsAngel Member

Not the way ups is conducting the revolving door system at our hub. For loaders im basically legacy there.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  19. el blanco

el blanco new member

(in the grand scheme of things)

20. cosmo1

Then why bring it up, if not to cause trouble?