Fired for job abandonment

UpsAngel

4 years with ups definetly not a newcomer.

Anyway, today im working and i get called in to a discharge paper for job abandonment.

Story goes im utility right now, because of an injury i cant lift over 50lbs and cannot be in my usual sort aisle or preloading trucks i been labeled permant disabled. So i kind of just roam to where needed somedays they forget about me completely. Most days i break bags for belts into totes, as soon as im done with my job i leave in risk of getting called out for stealing time.

Back to today, he tells me i had abandoned my job and therefore it was grounds for dismissal i was in the biggest shock because i been back for 3 weeks since my injury and have left like this before. I really wish i would have looked for a super and just daud bye before i walked out.

Steward said not to worry that i will get my job back in no time. Gave me # to BA. BA happened to be meeting up with my management today and will mention my case. If notresolved today he said it would resolve itself within a week for wrongful termination because i wasnt even given a warning or even a he said she said.

I know i screwed up by not telling at lest a part timer that i was clocking out. What are my chances of getting my job back? At this point i can even use the negative comments. Im a mess right now just thinking about my 6 month old and his benefits.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

Anyway, today im working and i get called in to a discharge paper for job abandonment.

Story goes im utility right now, because of an injury i cant lift over 50lbs and cannot be in my usual sort aisle or preloading trucks i been labeled permant disabled. So i kind of just roam to where needed somedays they forget about me completely. Most days i break bags for belts into totes, as soon as im done with my job i leave in risk of getting called out for stealing time.

Back to today, he tells me i had abandoned my job and therefore it was grounds for dismissal i was in the biggest shock because i been back for 3 weeks since my injury and have left like this before. I really wish i would have looked for a super and just daud bye before i walked out.

Steward said not to worry that i will get my job back in no time. Gave me # to BA. BA happened to be meeting up with my management today and will mention my case. If notresolved today he said it would resolve itself within a week for wrongful termination because i wasnt even given a warning or even a he said she said.

I know i screwed up by not telling at lest a part timer that i was clocking out. What are my chances of getting my job back? At this point i can even use the negative comments. Im a mess right now just thinking about my 6 month old and his benefits.
you will get it back

542thruNthru

You'll get your job back but let this be a lesson to you. You need to communicate with your Sup. It seems you've gotten used to just doing what you want.

SoCalUPS

If the issue is exactly as you explained it, you will be back. Unfortunately some members are not truthful. So if there is more to this or you have been previously warned, you might be screwed

UpsAngel

Just got a text from BA.

I asked:
"Be honest is there a chance coming back from this? I am worried sick, i have kids, you know? Henry(Steward) said 99% il be back. Is he just blowing smoke? Im a mess right now."

He responded:
"I'm confident I'll be able to work it out"

Hopefully it turns out well. Il post back with update.

UpsAngel

If the issue is exactly as you explained it, you will be back. Unfortunately some members are not truthful. So if there is more to this or you have been previously warned, you might be screwed

I solemnl swear i was done with my work so i assumed i would clock out and leave just like many of the older people do. Did i mention he is a new manager whichbis why i think he is having issues with the way old manager ran things and us the workers are paying for it.