I was fired from the company for having a package on my truck without a scan during a audit. The next day I was called in & was terminated. What can I do ?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Lol! Back before I knew how you were actually supposed to sheet a package missed, I'd be sent out on areas blind, not realizing certain places were businesses before I'd get there at 5:30, and I'd come back with like six pieces or more on my truck without scans and never heard a word about it.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Call your union hall and talk to your business agent.

1. Get with your Steward and file a grievance.
2. Let the Steward do his job by processing the grievance and getting in contact with the BA.

You only bypass the Steward and contact the BA directly if you have a Steward who doesn't know how, or doesn't want to, do his job.

barnyard

KTM rider
We have had PCMs that not scanning misloads would lead to discipline up to and including discharge. I suspect that if your load was audited, you have done this before and possibly even warned.

Grieve it, but plan on being off for a while.

barnyard

KTM rider
The OP posted that there were 3, 2 he knew about. Had he/she scanned the other 2 as misloads, missing one may not have been a problem. If he/she admitted to knowing about the other 2 and not finding the 3rd, he/she has a problem.

A rare missed scan happens, routinely not scanning to avoid running misloads is a problem.

Union steward was present . I filed a grievance just waiting for results. The two that I knew about when I scanned them it said data not found on diad so I thought it wouldn't of been a problem if I scanned them at the building because they wasn't in the system . The sups was doing random audits on people coming in at end of the day .