Fired for signing for customer getting starved out

Last week I signed for a bulk stop at the post office. I signed the employees name who normally signs. I told the center that no one came to sign after about ten minutes and that I signed. They told me ok and to keep it moving. They brought me in to the office a few days later and took me out of service. Earlier that week a supervisor had me sign for some air so it was not late. Has any at your center been fired for this at your center and did they get their job back?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Last week I signed for a bulk stop at the post office. I signed the employees name who normally signs. I told the center that no one came to sign after about ten minutes and that I signed. They told me ok and to keep it moving. They brought me in to the office a few days later and took me out of service. Earlier that week a supervisor had me sign for some air so it was not late. Has any at your center been fired for this at your center and did they get their job back?

Yes and yes.

Why would you do that???

I waited there for about ten minutes several employees walked by and said they could not sign. I rang the door bell again as I waited a few more minutes I saw several people walking around inside and no one would come so I signed and left. The lady who normally signs was off that day.

menotyou

bella amicizia
My center manager would routinely have me sign "for the air I was going to deliver". When 'helmet' from security was subbing at our center and was trying to butter up to the DM, he called us out on it. Mind you, when he was the on-car at our center, he instructed me to do the exact same thing. I didn't realize I was signing for the package, not-as they tried to decive me into thinking- the receipt of the packages for me to deliver. This mess was put into the DM's lap. I told him everything I said here. 'Helmet' was sputtering. The DM asked the center manager if he wanted me fired(which they had every right to do, as I was totally in the wrong), the center manager said 'absolutely not'. It was a major joke, as far as I am concerned, but a huge lesson learned.

Do not ever sign for a customer.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It's never ok to sign for someone else. If this is the only black mark in your book you will probably get your job back at the local hearing, they just want to make sure you learn your lesson. Next time either find someone to sign no matter how long it takes or driver release it. They won't like the driver release but at least it's not dishonest.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Either refuse it and send back. I would have called the office and asked "what do you want me to do?"

Actually that's probably the best advice. And if you do refuse it for gods sakes don't mention it on BC, you'll never hear the end of it from the feeder dept.

packageguy

Did you have a sit down yet,

packageguy

My advise to you is say no more. Wait to see where this goes. My guess is if you are not a problem child, It will be a suspense, or time served for not working.
Good luck.

menotyou

bella amicizia
My advise to you is say no more. Wait to see where this goes. My guess is if you are not a problem child, It will be a suspense, or time served for not working.
Good luck.
When I left my 'meeting', I left alone. The center manager and 'helmet' got their collective butts chewed. I could hear it all the way out to the parking lot.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Actually that's probably the best advice. And if you do refuse it for gods sakes don't mention it on BC, you'll never hear the end of it from the feeder dept.

Either refuse it and send back. I would have called the office and asked "what do you want me to do?"

​I wouldn't have called. I would have ODS'd it and made them ODS the answer back. If you call, you still have no proof that they told you to do 'whatever'.