Fired for smoking weed at a party

GameCockFan

Well, sorry refer smokers are losers. You lost your job didn’t you? My mistake, I didn’t ask you what state you were in but it doesn’t matter if ups doesn’t allow it does it? Do you play video games? I bet your a big Fortnite fan aren’t you?

Last edited:

pkgdriver

Lol, I’ve done more miles on your old lady in one week then you have in your whole mail truck driving career 😆
A357A240-D270-4203-99A7-A2860463D11F.gif

The Range

In too deep
People's different experiences always make me laugh. A friend of mine would blaze with their supervisor nearly every break period. Meanwhile, someone smoking at a party on the weekend gets :censored2:canned. Life ain't fair.

EmpireUPS909

Trailer sweep is a cake walk
Young people in my hub get high in the parking lot before work and after work. We even have people vaping during work. No one cares. UPS can't even hire enough people. This story about a party and getting fired sounds like young people say......"sus"

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
So supervisors have been working like crazy in our building and I have decided to start grieving. They didn’t take to this kindly and I have had a target on my back. I’m honestly a great worker so I wasn’t worried. I’m a package loader and I consistently have the highest pph and I still follow all the safety methods. Despite this, my supervisor does not like me grieving as I suppose it messes up their production numbers, but I need the money and fair is fair

Long story short, I was at a party over the weekend and I was smoking a joint with some people. I smoke occasionally, absolutley never before work though, never have never will. Well, to my complete surprise my freaking supervisor ends up at the same party and sees me smoking the joint.

Well the following Monday at work, a supervisor pulls me aside and tells me to come to the office. The supervisor freaking lied and said they thought I was high at work and said I can either resign or pee in a cup. Again, I was not high at work, I absolutley do not smoke before work. The way these tests work though is the weed stays in your system for up to a month. It’s not like a breathalyzer where they can tell if your high at the moment, which would have exonerated me. Even a blood test isn’t accurate enough to show if you’re high at that moment

So does any one have any advice on this? Are there really no protections for me smoking a joint outside of work? I’m not driving vehicles, I’m not high at work, I know it’s not federally legal but it’s still legal in half the damn states, how is it any different from somebody drinking a beer after work?

And morals aside how you feel about weed, is there really no way to prove that this is pure retaliation and I wasn’t high at work?
It's amazing to me how people pay union dues, and don't utilize their union reps, or contractual rights.

Why didn't you ask for a shop steward man?

657 Magnum

So supervisors have been working like crazy in our building and I have decided to start grieving. They didn’t take to this kindly and I have had a target on my back. I’m honestly a great worker so I wasn’t worried. I’m a package loader and I consistently have the highest pph and I still follow all the safety methods. Despite this, my supervisor does not like me grieving as I suppose it messes up their production numbers, but I need the money and fair is fair

Long story short, I was at a party over the weekend and I was smoking a joint with some people. I smoke occasionally, absolutley never before work though, never have never will. Well, to my complete surprise my freaking supervisor ends up at the same party and sees me smoking the joint.

Well the following Monday at work, a supervisor pulls me aside and tells me to come to the office. The supervisor freaking lied and said they thought I was high at work and said I can either resign or pee in a cup. Again, I was not high at work, I absolutley do not smoke before work. The way these tests work though is the weed stays in your system for up to a month. It’s not like a breathalyzer where they can tell if your high at the moment, which would have exonerated me. Even a blood test isn’t accurate enough to show if you’re high at that moment

So does any one have any advice on this? Are there really no protections for me smoking a joint outside of work? I’m not driving vehicles, I’m not high at work, I know it’s not federally legal but it’s still legal in half the damn states, how is it any different from somebody drinking a beer after work?

And morals aside how you feel about weed, is there really no way to prove that this is pure retaliation and I wasn’t high at work?
Dont resign obviously, just pee in the cup fail the test and join the program. If thats what they ask you to do