Fired for unscanned package

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Cover your ass.
You note that the sup did this before so he or she would likely do it again, sadly your next.
Get the shop steward and BA involved and ensure they are aware that this Sup does this and has history. They should have fun with them. You’ll be back with backpay if you do things right and don’t have other issues.
Backpay for dishonesty? Good luck with that.

21Savage

Should have just took the extra 10 minutes to backtrack it and deliver it. Now you don't have a job because you were too tired and lazy to deliver one extra package,(that was already on your route!) Lol

You may still get your job back assuming you had a clean slate prior to this. Good luck.

showcase831

What do you mean removed it from the board? That doesn’t make sense?
He went in the computer system, cut the package from my route and left it in my truck. I've also just found out that other centers in my building are sending out empty boxes on other drivers routes, they're labeled boxes that aren't in DIADs. I guess they call them salt packages.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I thought about delivering it(on my route) and I thought about sheeting it up and decided not too. It was heavy, late and I didn't feel like dealing with it at the time.

So you were not set up, you were just lazy but wanted to blame it on management?

You had three chances to deliver it (its on your route!) but gambled and lost. (is it still managements fault?)
Now you are out a whole bunch of cash, benefits, feel kind of stupid yet?

In the future, just because you don't see it in your DIAD does not mean it did not get a scan (PAL). We know before you get back to the building if a package receives a scan.
He must not be a paid-under driver...

21Savage

1) inform center that you have a misload on your package car
2) at the end of day, if you have received no instruction on how to sheet it ask a supervisor
Wasn't a misload.
1) inform center that you have a misload on your package car
2) at the end of day, if you have received no instruction on how to sheet it ask a supervisor
it was a package on his route. They would have told him to deliver it. How stupid is it to report a misload for a package on your route? Just go deliver it. Even if you successfully snuck it back it's just gonna be on your truck for delivery the next day lol.

MyTripisCut

He went in the computer system, cut the package from my route and left it in my truck. I've also just found out that other centers in my building are sending out empty boxes on other drivers routes, they're labeled boxes that aren't in DIADs. I guess they call them salt packages.
Doesn’t matter. There are two sets of rules for hourlies and management, always has been, always will. Deliver it if you can. Ask a supervisor what to do if it’s too far off your route. Always put the ball in their court. Had you at least scanned it as missed you’d get a spanking and move on. Un-scanned packages are considered dishonesty and a fireable offense. Hopefully your BA can make something happen for you since it’s peak and they probably need you.

oldngray

nowhere special
Doesn’t matter. There are two sets of rules for hourlies and management, always has been, always will. Deliver it if you can. Ask a supervisor what to do if it’s too far off your route. Always put the ball in their court. Had you at least scanned it as missed you’d get a spanking and move on. Un-scanned packages are considered dishonesty and a fireable offense. Hopefully your BA can make something happen for you since it’s peak and they probably need you.
Not your problem if it's missed. It makes them look bad on their reports but as long as you let them know it is all on them. Even if it means driving past a place you know closed hours earlier so you can waste more time before sheeting it as missed.

MyTripisCut

Not your problem if it's missed. It makes them look bad on their reports but as long as you let them know it is all on them. Even if it means driving past a place you know closed hours earlier so you can waste more time before sheeting it as missed.
Closed after 5 isn’t even a report anymore. Or between 12 & 1. You can literally sheet as closed at 8pm and not here a peep. At least around here.

Cowboy Mac

Wasn't a misload.

it was a package on his route. They would have told him to deliver it. How stupid is it to report a misload for a package on your route? Just go deliver it. Even if you successfully snuck it back it's just gonna be on your truck for delivery the next day lol.
If it’s not in my board it’s a misload. Sometimes I would have a whole shelf of add cuts in my car but not in the board. They belong to another route that day. Shot them all up as misloads and they sent a driver to come get them.

UPSER1987

Cover your ass.
You note that the sup did this before so he or she would likely do it again, sadly your next.
Get the shop steward and BA involved and ensure they are aware that this Sup does this and has history. They should have fun with them. You’ll be back with backpay if you do things right and don’t have other issues.
He’s not getting back pay for sure. He will be lucky to get his job back. Another guy that thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room lol

UPSER1987

So you know they do this and still made the decision to not deliver a package on your route? Bad decision man