Fired for unscanned package

60lbBagofdogfood

Don’t worry he’s friendly
You can always take notes down of all the shady stuff a supervisor does towards you or another individual and if the day comes where you have to deal with panel(hopefully not) you can present evidence along with voucher from other union members agreeing to these shady situations.

60lbBagofdogfood

Speaking of the closed 12-1 thing.

Do any other business drivers notice how the new diad almsot never gives an option for Closed anymore, no matter what time it is? The only option is usually just Not Avaliable. What's up with that?
Haven’t seen that. I’ve always gotten closed option. Only time I see not available is under follow ups or call tags.

DVIR

If you survive this just know that, short of a team rolling in and accidentally deleting a whole day's worth of inside building scans during "maintenance", a package that is part of your sort but not in the board is nothing but bad news. I'm sure our favorite management hack here knows what voodoo is going on but for it to not be in the board implies neither a driver's scanner nor a local sort scanner has touched it since. so how is it in your car, how does it have a PAL label on it??? This has become increasingly more common as preload scanners are being phased out.
during covid there were like 10-20 days where i’d find 20-30 stops not in my board. I remember checking into these packages and found they were all marked as delivered to “karen” at the “dock”. Told my steward and supervisor but nothing ever happened. I wonder if theres any correlation.

21Savage

Haven’t seen that. I’ve always gotten closed option. Only time I see not available is under follow ups or call tags.
Oh wow. Interesting. I almost never get the. closed option.
Never seen that. Have you brought this up with management?

No I keep forgetting. I normally just come to my truck and go and don't talk to anybody. Now I'm wondering if it's a division specific or even center specific thing. Because I know each center has different options for release locations and such.but why would they take away "closed"?🤨

60lbBagofdogfood

Well in the system now there’s a predetermined assignment on if the stop is a business or residential. Maybe on your end it’s predetermined that all your stops are residential. Now if you’re actually choosing the type of delivery then I don’t know at that point.

FozziesDeliveries

Everytime i find a package in my route area but not in my board i scan that in as a misload, let it ding management! Its usually an ad cut that they didn't actually take off the truck. I do NOT understand why you wouldn't scan it and send it in. I like to invision it as a little middle finger "hehehe figure this out and take a ding and possible missed"

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
:censored2: move. I thought about delivering it(on my route) and I thought about sheeting it up and decided not too. It was heavy, late and I didn't feel like dealing with it at the time. A ton of drivers do it in my center, they just kick them back out to the slide and everyone goes about their business.
That running-gunning sure came back to bite you in the arse!

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
“This package wasn't in my DIAD”. my supervisor “removed the package from my board” to set me up.

I thought about “sheeting it up and decided not too.”

So if the package wasn’t in your DIAD and you thought about sheeting it up but you didn’t how could the supervisor remove it from your board to set you up? I think you have done this multiple times and they suspected it so they did an audit on your truck and caught you.

textat3

Wasn't a misload.

it was a package on his route. They would have told him to deliver it. How stupid is it to report a misload for a package on your route? Just go deliver it. Even if you successfully snuck it back it's just gonna be on your truck for delivery the next day lol.
Word…agree. We get paid buy by the hour.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
6fa2a613-8145-4651-acc2-64abed430165_text.gif

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
FU

Blow it outta your azzzz

Speaking of the closed 12-1 thing.

Do any other business drivers notice how the new diad almsot never gives an option for Closed anymore, no matter what time it is? The only option is usually just Not Avaliable. What's up with that?

No I keep forgetting. I normally just come to my truck and go and don't talk to anybody. Now I'm wondering if it's a division specific or even center specific thing. Because I know each center has different options for release locations and such.but why would they take away "closed"?🤨

If you select Non Delivery from the top screen you won’t get the closed option. You have to go “into” the stop on your Diad like you were making an actual delivery. Not sure why it does that. I only select that Non Delivry option from the top screen when sheeting missed packages. Hope this makes sense, Diad 6 is dumb AF.

Whither

Scofflaw
Should have just took the extra 10 minutes to backtrack it and deliver it. Now you don't have a job because you were too tired and lazy to deliver one extra package,(that was already on your route!) Lol
Yep, always double back and make the attempt. Rule No. 1 is, never risk having to beg for the company's mercy.
Managements usual response

Sheet it as a bad address.

But nobody brings that up....
I've refused to do that several times when I'm certain it's a good address. What's good for the goose is for good for the gander. "I can't sheet it NSN; that's a good address and doing so would be unethical and dishonest. The package must get a valid attempt or it's missed." I've gotten into time-consuming message fights with a couple OMS over it, mentioning I'd have no problem calling the Ethics Hotline if pressed any further (lol). One time an OMS admitted they'd brought it the center manager's attention, "He says sheet it missed." Never faced any retaliation over this, but I follow the methods and don't hesitate to enforce the contract.

21Savage

If you select Non Delivery from the top screen you won’t get the closed option. You have to go “into” the stop on your Diad like you were making an actual delivery. Not sure why it does that. I only select that Non Delivry option from the top screen when sheeting missed packages. Hope this makes sense, Diad 6 is dumb AF.
That did work. Thank you.