Fired today for something we all have done

Marlin3030hntr

Today I came in and didn't see myself on a route so I asked our center manager where I was he asks me what happened on these 3 next day stops on Monday of last week 19th, I said I was at stop x and scanned and sheeted stop y as cl1 because I believe they aren't there until 11 I believe, and attempted later on when running the business loop and they were open. He wrote it up asked me to get a steward and said that our dm wanted him to take my walk me off. Talked with my steward and already filed about it but has anyone had this happen, or something like it? Lately I've been in the top on production and doing them "favors" all the time and this is how they thank you when you make a mistake?

jaker

trolling
Well you finally learned something don't do them favors

You was fired for dishonesty because you sheeted a pkg up without being there AND it really stood out because they where NDA

You should have went to the stop sheeted closed and came back later to deliver it

Good luck hope you learn from this

Marlin3030hntr

Ya I admitted it was a bad judgement call on my part but it's crappy that instead of saying hey what's going on here, and how we should fix this they jump straight to walk him out, even in training my sup and I did things similar to this, but have to wait and see how it pans out, we've had guys with way worse offenses come back quickly so I'm hoping that will be the case here.

PT Car Washer

You are suppose to be at the stop before you scan it. Not 2 miles away. Do it all the time on Saturday because I know which businesses' are closed Saturday. Out of the center manager hands and maybe even DM's hands. Thanks for the heads up. Guess I won't be doing that anymore. You should go back after a short time off. Not called a mistake. Called dishonesty.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Today I came in and didn't see myself on a route so I asked our center manager where I was he asks me what happened on these 3 next day stops on Monday of last week 19th, I said I was at stop x and scanned and sheeted stop y as cl1 because I believe they aren't there until 11 I believe, and attempted later on when running the business loop and they were open. He wrote it up asked me to get a steward and said that our dm wanted him to take my walk me off. Talked with my steward and already filed about it but has anyone had this happen, or something like it? Lately I've been in the top on production and doing them "favors" all the time and this is how they thank you when you make a mistake?

Falsifying records is not a "mistake". There is a report generated whenever a NDA is sheeted as an exception and delivered later in the day. If you are sheeting at the address and the business is indeed closed you are fine but if you are sheeting it away from the stop in order to beat the commit or to save a few minutes because you "think" they are not open you are opening yourself up to scrutiny.

jaker

trolling
Repeat again you do not scan a pkg to be deliver when you are not in front of the location

The only time I will scan a pkg not at a location is when I know it's a bad number or bad street and no other reason

oldngray

nowhere special
Even if the place doesn't normally open until after 10:30 you still have to go by and slap a delivery notice on door when you make attempt, even knowing you will have to go back later. I used to have places that opened at noon and would get NDA's all the time. Half the time they wouldn't even be they at noon if they even made it there at all that day. A clothes shop used to launder drug money. Those places are easy to spot by the odd hours and almost empty stores.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I haven't done that. Nor would I ever do it. If it's late it's late. You can and will be fired for dishonesty for falsifying delivery records, no matter where your at on "top production list" whatever that is

PT Car Washer

Cheating on NDA used to be common. Driver sup would consider you a hero for not having any late air no matter how you did it. No more. If I have to sit at a red light for a delivery across the street at 10:29 it is going to be late.

Marlin3030hntr

No been here for 8 years been driving for 1, I have never been in trouble for anything just irks you when you make a bad call and that's what they do

Marlin3030hntr

I haven't done that. Nor would I ever do it. If it's late it's late. You can and will be fired for dishonesty for falsifying delivery records, no matter where your at on "top production list" whatever that is
I had a multitude of my fellow drivers in my ctr this morning saying, "oh smilet I do that all the time I didn't know that's was that bad" These are veteran drivers I just hit 1yr

PT Car Washer

When higher management is involved they don't know you from Adam. From what Upstate said sounds like this is what happened. center manager and DM have to do what they are told to do. I bet you are back inside a week.

oldngray

nowhere special
Probably nothing would have happened if the customer hadn't called in and complained. I knew a driver where the customer tried to claim the driver didn't attempt when he claimed but in that case GPS backed up the driver. That time it was the boss complaining when his employee who was supposed to be there early didn't show up and tried to blame the driver.

Marlin3030hntr

Cheating on NDA used to be common. Driver sup would consider you a hero for not having any late air no matter how you did it. No more. If I have to sit at a red light for a delivery across the street at 10:29 it is going to be late.
I remember those days when I would run with guys during peak, I've heard a couple of times of buddies of mine had a recording in travel on the report but had a nda stop open so it wouldn't be late, never heard a peep about that

Marlin3030hntr

Probably nothing would have happened if the customer hadn't called in and complained. I knew a driver where the customer tried to claim the driver didn't attempt when he claimed but in that case GPS backed up the driver. That time it was the boss complaining when his employee who was supposed to be there early didn't show up and tried to blame the driver.
No customers didn't call just red flagged because the stops were a couple seconds from eachother