fired without ever being sent to panel

angie831

in the beginning of this year i missed 2 days with no call because i was going through a lot of stressful things in my life that were causing me to have my migraines a lot more frequently. my daughter at the time was working with me and she had missed days as well because i was her ride to work. on the 3rd day she contacted our supervisor and asked what time our shift started the next day and they told her that we shouldnt even bother coming in the next day. basically we were fired is what they were saying. we were never taken to panel. never issued our last checks with our unused vacation pay or anything. was that even legal

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
in the beginning of this year i missed 2 days with no call because i was going through a lot of stressful things in my life that were causing me to have my migraines a lot more frequently. my daughter at the time was working with me and she had missed days as well because i was her ride to work. on the 3rd day she contacted our supervisor and asked what time our shift started the next day and they told her that we shouldnt even bother coming in the next day. basically we were fired is what they were saying. we were never taken to panel. never issued our last checks with our unused vacation pay or anything. was that even legal
U finna read da contrac

Brownnote

1. A supervisor can't fire you.
2. The usual rule (but never put in writing) three days no call, no show= termination.
3. All terminations should be grieved. (Panel comes after... maybe)
4. Do you know if your even terminated?
5. Get your story together and call your union BA. ASAP.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
So you were fired 9-10 months ago and you are just now asking questions? No wonder you were fired. Obviously your job had very little value for you or your daughter. Fine example you’re giving her in adulting.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Geeeeeeeeeeeeeezas

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
LoL... Only 9-10 months? Just show up and start working.

I love it when a member or ex member comes on this site seeking advice, gives you half the story and expects us to have a solution for their termination or discipline. These poor souls will only get what we have seen or been through which is not going to help, the final outcome generally has already been rendered.

They post something... we try to give them information and then we never hear from them again. After awhile you just give up and develop a "I don't give a damn" attitude...

Last edited:

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
You think you would show up for the hearing though

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
in the beginning of this year i missed 2 days with no call because...
Because? Come on face it, you flat out didn't give a :censored2:. Do you call anyone else during this time of phone blackouts?

Bet you did.

titanic.gif

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I love it when a member or ex member comes on this site seeking advice, gives you half the story and expects us to have a solution for their termination or discipline. These poor souls will only get what we have seen or been through which is not going to help, the final outcome generally has already been rendered.

They post something... we try to give them information and then we never hear from them again. After awhile you just give up and develop a "I don't give a damn" attitude...
What they said above.

My first reaction was
Why you didnt call in?
Why didnt you at least go in that next day?
Why no visit to HR?
Why no dr's note?
Why not the whole story?

Did you really want the job???

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

So you were both so distraught that neither one of you could pick up the phone and say “I’am not coming in”?

You both deserve to be fired

Now go in git

MJ_C

It’s unfortunate that at the time you weren’t aware of your rights as a worker. Any time anyone even mentions termination or potentially doing so, your shop steward should be contacted immediately regardless of the circumstances. No call no show is never a good idea. I know life stress can make things super hard and I don’t know your situation, but bare in mind that when other people are relying on you it’s always best to give them a heads up. Especially being that your daughter worked with you because this effected her as a no call no show as well. I won’t harp on that too much but I did feel it needed to be mentioned. I’d say fill out another application or find out if you were marked “not for rehire”. If they do take you back, bare in mind that as long as you’re within compliance (at least 3 hours before the shift) the likelihood you’re going to be hassled is low. I know there’s a lot of horrible stories about ups supervisors but as long as I’ve stayed within that bracket I’ve never had an issue. Hell once I even called out pretty last minute. Hurricane Ian brought flooding to my area and we were under a flood advisory, and the worst of it would be when I was driving home from shift. I called out 45 minutes before and explained that I don’t want my safety jeopardized on the possibility that I may end up not hitting a flooded bridge. They weren’t happy, but I still have my job and came in the following Monday without ever hearing of it again. As much as people say the opposite it’s honestly hard to get fired from ups.