Fired.

upslesbian13

So yesterday we had a snow storm we were under a state of emergency. I texted my boss to let him know I was coming in. And he didn't respond back. I also tried calling him he didn't answer. Today I tried asking him what time start time was. And still no answer.. Am I fired or his he fired?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Obviously, he's singling you out because of your sexual preference. Consult your attorney and file a lawsuit.
Come on Feedah...play nice in the rainbow sandbox. To the OP...are you new? If not, when does anyone EVER get summarily fired for a no call/no show? If your sup didn't respond to your text...you should have actually picked up the phone and called in sick. Just sayin....

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So yesterday we had a snow storm we were under a state of emergency. I texted my boss to let him know I was coming in. And he didn't respond back. I also tried calling him he didn't answer. Today I tried asking him what time start time was. And still no answer.. Am I fired or his he fired?
I think you should fire him.

upslesbian13

Yes I am new. I've been there for five months.. Working in this company they don't tell you anything unless you ask questions. I was actually fired the week that I started because I didn't know I had to report one day. But ovb I got hired back.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yes I am new. I've been there for five months.. Working in this company they don't tell you anything unless you ask questions. I was actually fired the week that I started because I didn't know I had to report one day. But ovb I got hired back.
Well, if you're in the union...you won't get fired for one no call/no show. Next time, call your sup or whatever # you're supposed to call to call in sick, unless your sups accept texts as an acceptable way of communication. If you don't know the call in phone number, ask a coworker.

giggity

steward told us that our center was running only air today, and if we didn't get a c all from a super than we were off. prob same with you