Fired

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Not from ups, from my other job :thumbdown

I got fired for jumping some rollers to get a package. Evidently that's an instantly fired offense. No warning no don't do it again just straight clock out and bye.

So I guess I'm going seasonal driving to get full time hours for now. The application made me check a box that said "I understand this is a seasonal position and I may not be offered work beyond Sept 2nd."

My question is, as a seasonal driver am I guaranteed 8 hours inside the hub if I am laid off for the day? Just want to make sure I get hours in either way until Sept 2nd so I'm covered financially until I can find a second gig

Indecisi0n

Garbage-Pool-Jump.gif

Integrity

Binge Poster

I got fired for jumping some rollers to get a package. Evidently that's an instantly fired offense. No warning no don't do it again just straight clock out and bye.

So I guess I'm going seasonal driving to get full time hours for now. The application made me check a box that said "I understand this is a seasonal position and I may not be offered work beyond Sept 2nd."

My question is, as a seasonal driver am I guaranteed 8 hours inside the hub if I am laid off for the day? Just want to make sure I get hours in either way until Sept 2nd so I'm covered financially until I can find a second gig
Where was your other job?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

If you are just starting seasonal driving, I wouldn't get your hopes up.
There's a month left. Not much time to train you or get you area knowledge.
Most likely, your number will be put in the rolodex to drive during peak.

s0187955_sc7

sandwich

The resident gearhead

Ups first 22.4

542thruNthru

Here seasonal drivers only get 8 or more when driving. When not needed they go back to their primary job and get the 3.5 they are guaranteed.

Didn't you say Amazon was some great company and paid you so well. Bet you'd still have that job if you had a union. ;)

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Some supplementals allow for drivers to bump back to inside work once you've been laid off for a certain number of days. My supplemental says 10 lay off days (total per calendar year, not in a row). Even if you are not entitled to that you may still be able to volunteer to work inside on days you know you won't be driving.