First day as cover driver

BucsGuy

I finished driver school last week. And I am starting tomorrow. Sup called me and said “well be on the road for a few hours, and we’ll get you working more with the diad” this is my first day working for UPS. If you don’t include training. What should I expect? Thankful for any tips and or advice!

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I finished driver school last week. And I am starting tomorrow. Sup called me and said “well be on the road for a few hours, and we’ll get you working more with the diad” this is my first day working for UPS. If you don’t include training. What should I expect? Thankful for any tips and or advice!
20181002_111238.jpg

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It’s going to be that bad huh?
You'll be alright. The workload is brutal but as far as tomorrow and this week, you won't be blown out and your supervisors will be watching you like a hawk.
the main thing will be learning your evening housecalls and pickups and knowing them cold. Especially if you have housecall sections at the end of your route (UPS will be adding sections day by day). You don't want to be learning new areas at 4-5pm when it's dark (at least up here in the north). Better bring extra flashlight batteries! ;)

BucsGuy

You'll be alright. The workload is brutal but as far as tomorrow and this week, you won't be blown out and your supervisors will be watching you like a hawk.
the main thing will be learning your evening housecalls and pickups and knowing them cold. Especially if you have housecall sections at the end of your route (UPS will be adding sections day by day). You don't want to be learning new areas at 4-5pm when it's dark (at least up here in the north). Better bring extra flashlight batteries! ;)
Thank you for the rely!

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Looks fun
That's what a 14 hour day looks like. You gonna be able to mentally handle 14 hour days? That's what everyday is going to be during peak. And if your unlucky like me. It's going to be this way all year. Expect to not see your family during the week. Never make plans during the week unless your going to call in sick. Monday through Friday ups owns you.

On the upside you'll make good money and be able to retire one day.

BucsGuy

That's what a 14 hour day looks like. You gonna be able to mentally handle 14 hour days? That's what everyday is going to be during peak. And if your unlucky like me. It's going to be this way all year. Expect to not see your family during the week. Never make plans during the week unless your going to call in sick. Monday through Friday ups owns you.

On the upside you'll make good money and be able to retire one day.
Hey. I’ll work it man. I know it will be tough. I’m just hoping I can get past my 30 days. I know it’s very very hard work. That’s not what scares me. What’s scaring me is potentially not qualifying. I want this job more than anything

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Hey. I’ll work it man. I know it will be tough. I’m just hoping I can get past my 30 days. I know it’s very very hard work. That’s not what scares me. What’s scaring me is potentially not qualifying. I want this job more than anything
Be careful what you wish for....many a soul have been ruined for life because of this company....