First day as package car driver

Looberger

I just got through the school nspt school at UPS and my first day is Tuesday, just wondering what to expect. Any tips or information would be great. Thanks.

DS

Fenderbender
You'll have a sup with you until you learn the methods.Do as he says.

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

Listen to the Sup and do as he says. Just follow ED and you will be fine. You will be out till 10:00 PM. Dump the Sup and you will be off by 8:00 PM. Gets better after that. Do not crash.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Anything really heavy, or bulk (residential) that need signature: Make sure customer is home first before dragging everything out to door. Don't ask me how I know this!

Also, try to ask drivers about the route you are doing. Chances are, there is a split driver that knows the route. Ask about pickups, any flag marker stops (?), and ask especially any dead ones that may still be in the PU list. Drivers keep them there to pad their stop count.

I just got through the school nspt school at UPS and my first day is Tuesday, just wondering what to expect. Any tips or information would be great. Thanks.

Just keep moving...you dont have to run like a chicken without a head. Just dont let the customers tie you up! put your cell phone away...........stay focused and do the best you can. Yes your sup will say" you are slow" DONT LET THEM MESS with your head! Just say im learning and I HOPE to do better tomorrow......GOOD LUCK!

B

bowflex

To the OP. How did your first day go? Friday was my second day and its actually getting harder. Everyone I went to integrad with is loving it but i'm not having the same experience.

Looberger

Thanks for all the insight seems like if I follow EDD and listen to the sup ill be all right. That's pretty much what I thought. I really appreciate all the replies though I've found the other drivers are really helpful I thought it'd be more like "who's this new kid, screw him" but it's quite the opposite.

Looberger

I haven't started yet but I'm sorry to hear you're struggling. Maybe ask some of the drivers in your center for tips on how to make it easier on you.

B

bowflex

I'm having issue learning my route. I live in the suburbs and its much different than the city. I love the challenge but I hate not eating from 7-8. that's a long time with no food. yea i may eat a bag of chips, a granola bar, a banana and a protein shake but i'm delirious at the end of the day. This week may do me in but it was an experience and I have gained respect for the folks that can run hard non stop. I'm a muscle head so for me this diet of chips and Gatorade wont last long.

nystripe96

Just make book and you can have a solid hour lunch. Don't forget to sheet your lunch now tho. Hope you are. I'm a newbie driver too

MassWineGuy

As a driver's helper, they gave us no more than 30 minutes on the DIAD during orientation. Do they do a better training job for driver's school?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Good luck with the poopy loads, different dispatch every day, different dol everyday, cut up edds, and the numbnutt dispatchers putting everything in your edd in the wrong sequence lol. Its fun time make sure you take your Prozac before you come to work everyday youngblood and oh one last thing, make sure you bring your lube cause your gonna need it.