First Day Driving- Post Yours Too

CoryAndTrevor

Had my first blowj-- I mean, first day in the package car today. Wasn't half bad! Lot of business and bulk, and some bulk pickups. The trainer said he thinks I'll get the hang of it pretty quickly, so I'm pretty pleased with myself.

On one hand, I feel like all you old timers are a bunch of whiny baby bitch boys (and girls), because I didn't sweat near as much as I do on the red belt at local sort. It was both me and the trainer doing the work so yeah it'll be tougher later, but still, as far as tonnage is concerned, we didn't move anywhere near as much cargo as I do in local sort.

I fill two or more trailers there, whereas here it was emptying one package car, and refilling it maybe halfway, and over 9 hours, not 5 or 4 and a half.

And :censored2:, I get to sit down and sing Warren Zevon songs to myself half the time on top of it all?

That said, I really don't like the idea of coming home that late, and probably a lot later once peak hits. I'm the type of lazy spoiled millenial snowflake :censored2: that wants to work to live, not live to work. So I understand the complaints from some of you in that department.

Other than that, I'm guessing it will get tougher at some point? Maybe it just becomes a grind after the novelty wears off? Otherwise, seems like easy money, as long as I can lift with my legs and avoid accidents. You tell me. I'd love to be angrily told how wrong and stupid I am. I fap to that. :wink-very:

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Had my first blowj-- I mean, first day in the package car today. Wasn't half bad! Lot of business and bulk, and some bulk pickups. The trainer said he thinks I'll get the hang of it pretty quickly, so I'm pretty pleased with myself.

On one hand, I feel like all you old timers are a bunch of whiny baby bitch boys (and girls), because I didn't sweat near as much as I do on the red belt at local sort. It was both me and the trainer doing the work so yeah it'll be tougher later, but still, as far as tonnage is concerned, we didn't move anywhere near as much cargo as I do in local sort.

I fill two or more trailers there, whereas here it was emptying one package car, and refilling it maybe halfway, and over 9 hours, not 5 or 4 and a half.

And :censored2:, I get to sit down and sing Warren Zevon songs to myself half the time on top of it all?

That said, I really don't like the idea of coming home that late, and probably a lot later once peak hits. I'm the type of lazy spoiled millenial snowflake :censored2: that wants to work to live, not live to work. So I understand the complaints from some of you in that department.

Other than that, I'm guessing it will get tougher at some point? Maybe it just becomes a grind after the novelty wears off? Otherwise, seems like easy money, as long as I can lift with my legs and avoid accidents. You tell me. I'd love to be angrily told how wrong and stupid I am. I fap to that. :wink-very:
So I guess we can look foreword to your " why did they DQ me "thread in about three weeks

So I guess we can look foreword to your " why did they DQ me "thread in about three weeks
FEikw3bXVHdMk.gif

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
You do realize you were probably running half a normal route. Check back with us in a few weeks.
A new hire was running my route and was bragging he got off at 515...he was still 6 hours and 23 minutes over....I can't even begin to imagine what they actually sent him out with

The Driver

I drive.

Let us know how it goes when they dispatch you with 12 hours with of work on a route you've never ran before.

rod

Retired 22 years
A new hire was running my route and was bragging he got off at 515...he was still 6 hours and 23 minutes over....I can't even begin to imagine what they actually sent him out with

We had a foxy young blond gal as a temp driver one Christmas. She never did get the hang of delivering an honest load. They kept giving her less and less until one day a friend of mine yelled out--"what's it take to get an easy day around here--blond hair and tits".

CoryAndTrevor

Oh yeah, we were over by something, I forget what. Nothing too crazy. And yeah I think he did mention it's like a "training route" or something. Although, he did forget a package and have to backtrack, so there's that. I didn't actually drive, other than to the town and back to the center, just ran the DIAD and hoofed stuff. So.

But yeah, like I said, I'm already expecting it will get tougher.

WHAT ELSE YA GOT???

Box Ox

On one hand, I feel like all you old timers are a bunch of whiny baby bitch boys (and girls), because I didn't sweat near as much as I do on the red belt at local sort. It was both me and the trainer doing the work so yeah it'll be tougher later,

Awwwwwww! Cute widdle baby driver had his first day with supie and thinks it’ll be that way forever!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Oh yeah, we were over by something, I forget what. Nothing too crazy. And yeah I think he did mention it's like a "training route" or something. Although, he did forget a package and have to backtrack, so there's that. I didn't actually drive, other than to the town and back to the center, just ran the DIAD and hoofed stuff. So.

WHAT ELSE YA GOT???
So you were a driver helper today.

WHAT ELSE YA GOT???
You first day by yourself. You will never forget

CoryAndTrevor

You first day by yourself. You will never forget

Oh I agree, I'm sure I'll want to quit multiple times. But they told me at driving class that would happen, so I'm at least somewhat prepared for that.

Anyway, keep it coming ya old geezers. Nighty night time for this special snowflake.