First day of training

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
IMG_1817.GIF

upschuck

First day is mostly classroom training, I think. Maybe 3 or 4 days, maybe a little on floor each day, from what I heard.

Box Ox

One day watching training videos made in the 80s. Then a week of a supervisor either in an unload trailer with you (they love having the training excuse) or loading progressively fewer routes in your route set. You load 1 route first 2 days, 2-3 routes days 3-4, all routes days 5-6, etc. Supervisor might bail early and put you on all routes before you're ready. But you'll be fine.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
i loaded 3 cars on my first day because "lol we just need bodies"

just stick with it, everyone sucks at first, everyone gets better, it's an EZ job if you let it be

I got thrown in the mall and hardware pull when I left unload. It was hundreds of times easier than I thought once you get into it. With anything at UPS, observe the best employees and do what they do.

rod

Retired 22 years
I got thrown in the mall and hardware pull when I left unload. It was hundreds of times easier than I thought once you get into it. With anything at UPS, observe the best employees and do what they do.[/QUOTE]

trouble is we are all retired

We found an old one a few weeks ago in a tote. It was double bagged and thank god because it leaked. The thing stunk so bad. Idiot sup opened it to double check to report pee. Really??!? First thought is open it? You know pee goes bad right.. well, now he does too.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Not sure what you should expect, but I expect a hot meal. Training you how to make it should have been done by your mother when you were 5, starting with heating up the skillet and half a stick of butter.

Working a full shift, if you call making sure my steak is medium rare and you fully cooked the potatoes work, yeah, you'll be doing it until I'm fed and the 4 guys from work I invited to dinner I didn't tell you about till 5 mins before I got home are full also.

Again, the length of the training period is up to you. How long it takes you to figure out proper timing of cooking different starches and proteins so they all arrive on my plate at the same time, at optimum temprature, is equal to the amount of plates in the house I toss on the floor after each failure.

Soupy

I also just started (about a month ago now). I had a an hour and a half watching videos, then I had an hour of being shown how to load a truck. Then a Tuesday that was a hellish four hours with a sup. Then another hour long day.

After that they released me on my own with a mere 6 hours of training. I felt super overwhelmed the first couple nights and had some anxiety attacks,
But honestly now I really don't mind the job and I just hit 280 pph. Stick with it, it's hard at first but it gets easier every single day.

Snails

I also just started (about a month ago now). I had a an hour and a half watching videos, then I had an hour of being shown how to load a truck. Then a Tuesday that was a hellish four hours with a sup. Then another hour long day.

After that they released me on my own with a mere 6 hours of training. I felt super overwhelmed the first couple nights and had some anxiety attacks,
But honestly now I really don't mind the job and I just hit 280 pph. Stick with it, it's hard at first but it gets easier every single day.
This is very helpful to hear as a newbie as well, thank you

Dr.Brownz

i loaded 3 cars on my first day because "lol we just need bodies"

just stick with it, everyone sucks at first, everyone gets better, it's an EZ job if you let it be

yeah I bet it's easy when you are the PT sup with the mindset of "Don't worry about the load it's the drivers problem!"