First Day Seasonal Driver “Training Route”

NBROG39

17 commits, arrive to area with about a half hour to complete. About 50 business stops and 148 residentials and 33 pickups even though no one was at the office complexes for pickup due to everyone working from home. Finished day at 21:30 was told I did pretty good being almost 2 hours over plan. I felt like i struggled a lot but was told that was really good for first day. Not sure what training was given because didn’t have anytime to stop for a second to even ask a question. Is that the normal “training route” throw everything at you at once to see if you break?

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
17 commits, arrive to area with about a half hour to complete. About 50 business stops and 148 residentials and 33 pickups even though no one was at the office complexes for pickup due to everyone working from home. Finished day at 21:30 was told I did pretty good being almost 2 hours over plan. I felt like i struggled a lot but was told that was really good for first day. Not sure what training was given because didn’t have anytime to stop for a second to even ask a question. Is that the normal “training route” throw everything at you at once to see if you break?
Yeah, pretty much. Bet you can't wait to see what Monday brings.:panicsmiley:

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Over 10 air is too much. Just let them know next time you have too many commits. And tell them to take care of some of the air. It’s all about communication.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Yep
Only the fittest survive
Sink or swim

NBROG39

Over 10 air is too much. Just let them know next time you have too many commits. And tell them to take care of some of the air. It’s all about communication.
Would have expected my sup who rode with me to say something and get them moved just thought that was normal. OPS Manager asked next day how it went told him went ok just hard to make those air commits, he asked how many I had. He was shocked when I told him there were 17 and said why didn’t you say anything. I just said had no idea that was too many. Didn’t think it would be a good idea to point finger at my sup on the 2nd day. Really wish the DIAD was backlit on the buttons once the sun went down had no idea what buttons I was pushing in the pitch black

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Would have expected my sup who rode with me to say something and get them moved just thought that was normal. OPS Manager asked next day how it went told him went ok just hard to make those air commits, he asked how many I had. He was shocked when I told him there were 17 and said why didn’t you say anything. I just said had no idea that was too many. Didn’t think it would be a good idea to point finger at my sup on the 2nd day. Really wish the DIAD was backlit on the buttons once the sun went down had no idea what buttons I was pushing in the pitch black
Oh yeah just let them know next time. You can turn the lights on the keyboard by hitting the lightning button on the top left of the board then selecting the 💡 button. But it does burn your battery quicker.

NBROG39

Oh yeah just let them know next time. You can turn the lights on the keyboard by hitting the lightning button on the top left of the board then selecting the 💡 button. But it does burn your battery quicker.
Definitely will speak up missed 1 air by like 3 minutes. I wouldn’t have missed it had I not had to scan 130 letter envelopes. I thought that was only for flashlight mode will come in handy for the last couple hours until I get comfortable using it. Thanks for the help.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Definitely will speak up missed 1 air by like 3 minutes. I wouldn’t have missed it had I not had to scan 130 letter envelopes. I thought that was only for flashlight mode will come in handy for the last couple hours until I get comfortable using it. Thanks for the help.
The flashlight symbol is for the flashlight the light bulb is for the backlight on the keyboard

21Savage

Was it 17 pieces or 17 stops. Nobody goes out with 17 air stops that's near impossible.

Also 33 pickups on 50 business is hilarious.

They are screwing you.

NBROG39

Was it 17 pieces or 17 stops. Nobody goes out with 17 air stops that's near impossible.

Also 33 pickups on 50 business is hilarious.

They are screwing you.
The area is a lot of business complexes so isn’t to terrible just seems ridiculous to go to these businesses when they aren’t even open. But apparently “they are paying for us to go check.” It was 17 stops for next day air commits of 10:30. Sup said since they were in a tight grouping that it should be doable. Some were in same office complex. Almost got it done had it not been for having to scan the 100 something letters at 1 customer. My first day solo was Friday they lightened my residential stops to make sure I got through day and didn’t miss getting air back in time.

PT Car Washer

The area is a lot of business complexes so isn’t to terrible just seems ridiculous to go to these businesses when they aren’t even open. But apparently “they are paying for us to go check.” It was 17 stops for next day air commits of 10:30. Sup said since they were in a tight grouping that it should be doable. Some were in same office complex. Almost got it done had it not been for having to scan the 100 something letters at 1 customer. My first day solo was Friday they lightened my residential stops to make sure I got through day and didn’t miss getting air back in time.
When the sup is training you any service failures would be his fault. He should have known better than to go out that heavy on air and being 2 hours over is on him. Normally you go out with a half days work and gradually increase it to a full day, 9.5 hours.

NBROG39

Other drivers. Which ends up happening anyways.
I really would have appreciated doing a ride along with the driver who had done that route I think they would have run it much different than plan and saved some time. With so many air we didn’t get anything else off so kept going back to customer we had already deliver air to. I didn’t even get done with business deliveries when we had to start doing pickups.

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
you had 17 next day airs and your ors still told you to sheet up 100 non air envelopes?

missing air because you were scanning 100 non airs will get you fired if you're out there by yourself

NBROG39

you had 17 next day airs and your ors still told you to sheet up 100 non air envelopes?

missing air because you were scanning 100 non airs will get you fired if you're out there by yourself
No sorry if my post was confusing those 100+ were all NDA envelopes for 1 customer which took me forever sorting them so I could get them all scanned in.