First full week after getting hired, when do I start?

Discussion in 'Introductions and Welcomes' started by Brownarttannery, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Brownarttannery

Brownarttannery New Member

Hi, I'm jozz. I just got hired last week, today is going to be the second weekday after I've been hired and I was wondering when I'm going to be assigned some work and where can I find said assignments on desktop/mobile. I have textreach, but I wanna make sure I know how to work these alternate routes of looking at assignments.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  2. First all if all don't use your real name.

What job did you get hired for?

3. Brownarttannery

Sorry about that, fixed it. I'm a seasonal driver helper (can't drive due to epilepsy).

4. If they don't call you this week, they definitely will next week

5. Brownarttannery

Ok thank you

6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

Do yourself a favor----edit that post and remove the part in ( ) as it is none of our business.

So, you were hired last Friday and want to know why you aren't working yet? You need to be patient because before you know it you will be begging for a day off.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  7. FLSurfsUps

FLSurfsUps New Member

When should we expect the call or text? The same morning we're working or the day before? Thank you!

8. UpstateNYUPSer

They will try to give you as much notice as possible but you should be ready for a same day call/text.

9. Baba gounj

Baba gounj Well-Known Member

Once you get assigned to a driver, that driver is your boss. Do as you are told and things will go ok.

10. UpstateNYUPSer

One of the first things you should do is ask the driver how he/she takes his/her coffee. Show up with a hot cup of coffee in hand and you will have a friend for life.

11. Brownarttannery

Week 2 post hiring, still no calls. It's only day 2 of the week but I'm getting worried and my mom is giving me pressure, are they just leaving me hanging? Wtf

12. UpstateNYUPSer

Does she want you to "get off your butt and do something with your life"?

Here's a thought------instead of WAITING for the call why don't you take the initiative to MAKE the call?

13. Brownarttannery

Sounds like a good idea. They said they'd call but I should probably be a bit more proactive honestly.
    Edit: turns out for sum unknown reason I had my ups store's number blocked...that could explain some things.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  14. UpstateNYUPSer

The UPS Store is a franchise independent of a UPS facility.

15. Brownarttannery

Ok? Then how do I get in contact with the helper coordinator in my area?

16. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Ask mom

17. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

Did you go to the ups store for your interview

18. I applied on 11/7 and got hired 11/20. My first work day was 12/3. My advice is to wake up early every morning (5:30 is good) and open up upsers. Click on Job Tools (the word itself, not the drop down) and go all the way almost to the bottom of that list. You’ll see an option for Helper Assignment click that and make yourself available. Do that every morning. I’m sure people have different stories about how they started, my advice is to not bug any higher ups when you start. I’ve heard people talk about going to the center every morning and all kinds of stuff, emailing hr, texting them etc, my advice is to not do this and just make yourself available every morning.

my advice is to stretch in the morning and have a healthy breakfast, and I’d bring your lunch in a smoothie form. Real good breakfast smoothie idea on mercola.com, for long lasting work energy.

19. Brownarttannery

Thanks! Worked out the issue with my local helper coordinator and my first assignment is tomorrow. Thanks everyone for helping!

20. UpstateNYUPSer

See how easy that was!