First impressions on preload

nkm

Optimistically pessimistic
Today was my first day out on the floor on the preload shift. Of course I got assigned to the sort line and the other few people that were with me got sent out to unload or load. I was actually extremely lucky to get a good sup, he was very personable and actually knew what was going on and was able to take a leadership role out on the line (I definitely can't say that for the other few sups that were there). The first two hours were pretty good and the volume was steady of course but not overwhelming. In the second half of the shift, for whatever reason, I got paired up with someone who was probably someone who has been there for a while and the guy was being an absolute [insert any expletive] the entire time, plus he was barely working. Honestly, it really took me everything to not tell him to meet me out in the parking lot. My sup came around and asked me if I wanted to stay or cut so I told him to let me stay if he could get me off the line. Right after that another sup came up and told me they cut me for the morning and to have a good day.

For any new hires reading this, my recommendations are:
  1. UPS is not your first choice
  2. Stretch
  3. Water
  4. Pace yourself

Last edited:

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
EC50D05A-B92E-45A0-A4FF-656BBC63173D.gif

trickpony1

Some of what you describe is a test to see if they can get you to "go off" and do something stupid during your probationary period.

Don't "go off".
Hope this helps.