First paycheck - direct deposit

mixyo

Dispatcher
Good morning. I started working at UPS last week and should receive my first paycheck today. When I filled out all my employment info I signed up for direct deposit. I logged into UPSers.com this morning and the paycheck is showing on my account, however the funds have not been deposited to my bank account. How long does this usually take? From what I have read on the net, some people receive an actual check for their first pay period or two. I am not sure what to expect, as I am new to all of this. Thank you!

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
It could take up to a month for your deposits to start automatically. You should have a paper check at the building.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
On UPSers, you can initiate/change your direct deposit account as late as Tuesday and the funds will be deposited into that account by Friday of that same week. If you manually complete the direct deposit forms, it can take several weeks for HR to process them. You'll continue to receive a paper check until the DD process is complete.

GeeDaddy

so would that check be mailed to your house or you have to pick it up? new to UPS & no one gave any instructions on picking up a check .

GeeDaddy

How long have you been at UPS, obviously a new hire, but at this stage with these things 1 week makes a difference.
yes i am new, only my second week. One if my friends has the card they offer and said he got his money no problem Yesterday. I'm just pissed that no one said anything

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
yes i am new, only my second week. One if my friends has the card they offer and said he got his money no problem Yesterday. I'm just :censored2: that no one said anything
Be mad at yourself. You should have opened your mouth and asked someone....a coworker or a supervisor about when do we get paid and where do I pick up my check?

GeeDaddy

Ummm.....no It's not BS. Management in the building has the actual paychecks. Talk to your sup on Monday.
it is bs that no one said anything about picking up the checks from management. In two weeks NOTHING was said about having to pick up your first couple checks. What was said to all of us in training was that if you have DD then you'll see it in your account. I'm not a child I know what was said and what wasn't.

upschuck

it is bs that no one said anything about picking up the checks from management. In two weeks NOTHING was said about having to pick up your first couple checks. What was said to all of us in training was that if you have DD then you'll see it in your account. I'm not a child I know what was said and what wasn't.
Takes a couple weeks for DD to go through, for whatever reason. If your sups are gone, talk with HR.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
You're not a child but yet you have no paycheck....great idea, instead of asking everyone and anyone at YOUR building, you sign up and respond to a three year old thread looking for answers that were correctly given to you. Great job big boy!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So If they said "if you have DD, it will just appear in your account" (which is true). Why didn't YOU think to then ask the trainer... ."what happens if i dont have Direct deposit"??

Take some responsibility....you're a big boy.