First snow of the year and pre peak happiness

watdaflock?

Just a dusting but its great seeing snow already! I'm looking forward to peak so much I'm gonna go make a snow angel! brb

phew! That felt refreshing!

Don't worry everyone, since many of us are working black Friday I'm sure the entire peak season will go smoothly. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if total OT is much lower this year. Even though our hub has only hired two temps so far for peak I have faith in our companies decision makers.

I'm going to enjoy being off next week. Recharge the batteries one last time for a few months.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Just a dusting but its great seeing snow already! I'm looking forward to peak so much I'm gonna go make a snow angel! brb

Don't worry everyone, since many of us are working black Friday I'm sure the entire peak season will go smoothly. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if total OT is much lower this year. Even though our hub has only hired two temps so far for peak I have faith in our companies decision makers.

I'm going to enjoy being off next week. Recharge the batteries one last time for a few months.
2 temps? How small is your building? Or better question...about how many PC routes run out of your building?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer

Can I have some of what you've been drinking?

watdaflock?

2 temps? How small is your building? Or better question...about how many PC routes run out of your building?

Oh I'm probably exaggerating. Their may be more hired just have not worked yet.
As for our size I don't think UPS hubs get much smaller. We are majority farm land but also cover a few smaller towns (5-10k population) all within about a 50ish mile radius.
I've heard numbers like when they originally designed and made this hub is was to handle 8500 packages.
We run 10-12k every day right now....before peak.

pc routes (approx) like 35? We also have a few small trailers the pc cars pull along and meet drivers who keep their trucks overnight.
Trying to guesstimate in my head.

Last edited:

watdaflock?

Can I have some of what you've been drinking?
Do you drink pumpkin beer?
dogfish-pumpkin.jpg

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Oh I'm probably exaggerating. Their may be more hired just have not worked yet.
As for our size I don't think UPS hubs get much smaller. We are majority farm land with a few small towns (5-10k population) within about a 60 mile radius.
I've heard numbers like when they originally designed and made this hub is was to handle 8500 packages.
We run 10-12k every day right now....before peak.
Wow...that is friggin tiny..how many people work on the preload? Average off peak volume in my building is about 75-80k a night.

watdaflock?

Wow...that is friggin tiny..how many people work on the preload? Average off peak volume in my building is about 75-80k a night.
I'm not sure. I work end of the line and start later than everyone else.
Come to think of it I did see a different face end of last week but no clue if he's unloading trailers or preloading cars.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Joe, how is Founders? My beer store just recently started carrying a bunch of varieties of Founders. But at $11.49 a 4pack....i hate to spend the money and not really like it.
I'm the same way but the best grocery store....ever had a Founders tasting and I liked the breakfast stout best. It seems that Michigan is the home of some great breweries.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
Joe, how is Founders? My beer store just recently started carrying a bunch of varieties of Founders. But at $11.49 a 4pack....i hate to spend the money and not really like it.
I can tell you it's great! One of my absolute favorite stouts. Tastes of coffee, chocolate, a hint of sweetness, vanilla. I justify the price by drinking only one at a time. Actually, it's such a rich, full-tasting beer that one is enough. I usually drink an IPA or two before enjoying the Breakfast Stout. Hint, take it out of the fridge and let it sit for a while to warm up slightly before drinking it. It really brings out the flavors.