First time being marked absent.

mstg96.

So I’m on call beEn that way for months. In the last month I’ve worked about a week total. Well tonight they call me and I’ve got no babysitter So I say pass. Well 45 mins later he calls back say if you don’t come in it will be marked Absent. I’m all for working but this on call is something else one day it’s days one day it’s night. Honestly Jusy hard to keep a steady sleep schedule and live by the phone. Would it be easier to just not answer the phone? I guess when I was being told about on call it sounded good when getting hired but now it like on call roulette lol. Thanks for listening.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
"When an employee’s personal activities are restricted, you typically need to provide on-call pay."

Per Federal law they cannot have you on-call all day without compensation. Give them an hour around normal start time and then go on with your day and ignore their calls.

542thruNthru

So I’m on call beEn that way for months. In the last month I’ve worked about a week total. Well tonight they call me and I’ve got no babysitter So I say pass. Well 45 mins later he calls back say if you don’t come in it will be marked Absent. I’m all for working but this on call is something else one day it’s days one day it’s night. Honestly Jusy hard to keep a steady sleep schedule and live by the phone. Would it be easier to just not answer the phone? I guess when I was being told about on call it sounded good when getting hired but now it like on call roulette lol. Thanks for listening.
What supplemental agreement are you under? What is your job title? How long you need with UPS?

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
if you're hourly you need to talk to your steward. though what they're going to say is that you always had your start time hours of obligation and you both were merely mutually agreeing not to work some days.

quad decade guy

Here, we ALL went through this. Some for years. It was SOP.
Listen up: UPS doesn't care about you or your sleep schedule. Here, when you bid feeders, you are told this....you can always quit.

UPS has NEVER cared about your personal problems.

If you crash and say you were exhausted, you will be blamed with improper rest/sleep.

Not answering the phone here will eventually get you fired.

I wish you luck. How bad do you want the job? Being bottom of the barrel sucks.

It took me about 15 YEARS of a steady 5 year start time to get used to working nights.

I NEVER got used to day/night switches. I stayed exhausted and sleep deprived. UPS and the Union could have cared less. Fact.

screwPS

it should all refer back to the schedule that is posted. If your not scheduled, then its their problem. Is the reason why they post scheduled work shifts.

mstg96.

Listen up: UPS doesn't care about you or your sleep schedule. Here, when you bid feeders, you are told this....you can always quit.

If you crash and say you were exhausted, you will be blamed with improper rest/sleep.

It took me about 15 YEARS of a steady 5 year start time to get used to working nights.

I NEVER got used to day/night switches. I stayed exhausted and sleep deprived. UPS and the Union could have

I NEVER got used to day/night switches. I stayed exhausted and sleep deprived. UPS and the Union could have cared less. Fact. if it’s going be this on call bull :censored2: I’m out. Not worth working one or two days a week. Honest came on for peak and they offered me a full time job. Took it but now regret it.
What supplemental agreement are you under? What is your job title? How long you need with UPS?
Feeder 6 months and on the “on call” list I don’t have a set start time.

mstg96.

I NEVER got used to day/night switches. I stayed exhausted and sleep deprived. UPS and the Union could have cared less. Fact.
No it’s not worth it.

mstg96.

Bueller? Bueller?
No my response Is I’m not going be dicked around with the on call list. Not safe and for a company to force safety on you daily they fail on this. I don’t have a set time and dispatch said we can call anytime. Well guess what Good luck. Cdl jobs are dime a dozen.👌

542thruNthru

No my response Is I’m not going be dicked around with the on call list. Not safe and for a company to force safety on you daily they fail on this. I don’t have a set time and dispatch said we can call anytime. Well guess what Good luck. Cdl jobs are dime a dozen.👌
Well good luck to you.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
There's some truth to that...

But the coin also has a flip side...

If something is so abundant, why complain about it? Drop it and get another with no second thought... Right?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Don’t let the door hitya where the good lord splitya

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
What did your business agent/union steward say? We can't help you with local issues here.