First Time

Travwise

Are you :censored2:ting me? You had to come on the forum to ask how to :censored2:ing stack boxes? Did you have blocks as a kid? Yeah pretty much like that...

Something tells me you're going to make a great "manager" someday.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Irregs last? I disagree. If i get say a 100lb Total Gym box spa'd to 8000 (end of his day delivery)..I'd lay it under the wheel hub or if that was occupied...clear a space under the 4000 shelf...lay it down and put the 3 & 4000 boxes on top and in front of it...so the driver can get to those first. Nothing worse than leaving big overweights out and slapping them down the.middle at the end if you don't have to. Now the driver gets to move, climb and trip over them all day long.
That's mainly for residential routes like mine im gonna break off and get rid of the ones in the way best I can despite Orion.

upsbeernut

Are you :censored2:ting me? You had to come on the forum to ask how to :censored2:ing stack boxes? Did you have blocks as a kid? Yeah pretty much like that...

Something tells me you're going to make a great "manager" someday.
It might be a preload manager looking for a better idea to get it loaded.

Cementups

Box Monkey
My loader uses one of these...

pwrmax38624.gif

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If the box is the same size in all measurements, please load orientation arrows up. I see a lot of boxes loaded upside down when they could have been loaded right side up without taking up any more space. Take pride and your drivers will be thankful.

Orientation arrows should be pointing up regardless of the size of the package.

upsbeernut

Preload Training in our facility is now by a video like our haz matt certification, boring and too wordy with a touch of stupid humor.

platinum9898

Make your walls with a space of a large pizza box. For efficiency throw the small boxes behind your current walls, use sturdy boxes to build your walls and use remaining small boxes to fill in the gaps and tighten your walls. Awkward packages just place on floor along the side or behind your current wall. Make the wall look good even if it's an avalanche behind it. Work at a steady pace and just keep moving, pausing every now and then waists a lot of time. Most importantly be safe and work at a pace you're happy with forget management. You work fast for yourself not for these number wh$res

Sent using BrownCafe App

JL 0513

Preload Training in our facility is now by a video like our haz matt certification, boring and too wordy with a touch of stupid humor.
Let me guess. The video shows a perfect variety of packages designed to build a perfect wall while moving at a slow and controlled pace. Am I right so far?

upsbeernut

Let me guess. The video shows a perfect variety of packages designed to build a perfect wall while moving at a slow and controlled pace. Am I right so far?
You know it , haven't seen it but I can also imagine half of them are letters and nice small mom and pop packages neatly marked and placed gently on the shelf with plenty of room to carefully lift them with one hand and use three points of contact while walking to the door yelling ups.

Aquel Daley

Get it on the floor and get it out the door. Or get it in the truck cause we don't give a friend. Seriously try and keep the giants on the floor and watch for bulk stops spaed to the shelf. Don't bury heavy long ones to the back of the shelf. Notice how heavy it is leave it on the floor and try and always put the irregular s on last. Its ok to try and squeeze a lightweight to make it tight as possible so they don't fall.

When I make a cornerstone, should it go, vertically, and the next stack horizontally to make a t or something?

Aquel Daley

Make your walls with a space of a large pizza box. For efficiency throw the small boxes behind your current walls, use sturdy boxes to build your walls and use remaining small boxes to fill in the gaps and tighten your walls. Awkward packages just place on floor along the side or behind your current wall. Make the wall look good even if it's an avalanche behind it. Work at a steady pace and just keep moving, pausing every now and then waists a lot of time. Most importantly be safe and work at a pace you're happy with forget management. You work fast for yourself not for these number wh$res

Sent using BrownCafe App
Thx man

upsbeernut

When I make a cornerstone, should it go, vertically, and the next stack horizontally to make a t or something?
I have even taped the load to the shelves so they wouldnt topple. I have a post office so when all 50 packages in rdr and all the way up to the front are delivered , i shift the stops underneath.

working up a sweat

If your loading feeders, I recommend 28 to 32 inch deep walls.

Start with your cornerstone(large box).Then primary boxes lined up with cornerstone. Keep a space behind primary for secondary and fillers(smaller boxes).

Make sure you make T's on the next level to prevent boxes from being crushed. Don't stack in columns

Stow all the smalls bags under the extendo and top load them last.