fliers at c a c h 705

cachmeifucan

I'm not sure who put out fliers at our hub saying if national goes on strike it has nothing to do with 705.il post pictures of fliers tomorrow

opie

I'm not sure who put out fliers at our hub saying if national goes on strike it has nothing to do with 705.il post pictures of fliers tomorrow

Posted on the "Vote No on UPS Contract" Facebook Group.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180620-183614_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20180620-183614_Samsung Internet.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 175

Pablo Escobar

There isn't going to be a strike. Once the members see the total package, I'm thinking things will be somewhat different.

Come on Tony Q , I been watching these threads and paying attention to what you’ve had to say. I’m sure I’m not the only one here that thinks you’re full of beans or you really know what you’re talking about. Either way it’s frustrating. Why is this contract gonna be any better than the last few ? I was here in 97 and to be honest it was so long ago I forgot why we even went on strike. I had only been with the company a coupe years , forgive me. With all the talk about hybrid drivers and UPS seeming to be getting what they wanted from us , why do you feel things will be different this time? Don’t quote me just answer me this.....what are we getting that has you so convinced that we won’t strike??

Tony Q

Come on Tony Q , I been watching these threads and paying attention to what you’ve had to say. I’m sure I’m not the only one here that thinks you’re full of beans or you really know what you’re talking about. Either way it’s frustrating. Why is this contract gonna be any better than the last few ? I was here in 97 and to be honest it was so long ago I forgot why we even went on strike. I had only been with the company a coupe years , forgive me. With all the talk about hybrid drivers and UPS seeming to be getting what they wanted from us , why do you feel things will be different this time? Don’t quote me just answer me this.....what are we getting that has you so convinced that we won’t strike??
What are things that basic members want? Usually members want a good raise. This contract does just this. A lot of members who do VOTE want their pension raised, right? How about the elephant in the room in the last contract, Healthcare? These will all be improved. So what else are you looking for?

Are you interested in fixing the part-time starting pay?

Now I'm not saying any of these things will happen, but you can read between the lines. I'll answer some more questions for you, because I like how you put it, and I'm intimidated by your brown cafe name.

bbsam

Staff member
What are things that basic members want? Usually members want a good raise. This contract does just this. A lot of members who do VOTE want their pension raised, right? How about the elephant in the room in the last contract, Healthcare? These will all be improved. So what else are you looking for?

Now I'm not saying any of these things will happen, but you can read between the lines. I'll answer some more questions for you, because I like how you put it, and I'm intimidated by your brown cafe name.
Dude. Hybrid drivers? At what? $18/hr?

WAGN

DOK

Good raise means different things to different people. Minimum $1 a year and no split raises gets my attention.

35years

Gravy route
Good raise means different things to different people. Minimum $1 a year and no split raises gets my attention.
Tony,
Improvement before or after figuring in inflation?

Are we talking a minimum 3% per year raises in wages and pension payouts, and 5% per year increases to health? Because anything less is not "improvement"; it is losing ground to inflation.

If workers are offered 2% raises while nationwide wages are up 3% and accelerating, we will not be jumping for joy. The average worker had wage increases of 2.9% last year, and will see more than 3% increases this year.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Tony,
Improvement before or after figuring in inflation?

Are we talking minimum 3% per year raises in wages and pension payouts, and 5% per year increases to health? Because anything less is not "improvement"; it is losing ground to inflation.
Bonus maybe?
Car dealers are gonna have a field day!

Pablo Escobar

Yes healthcare and pension are most important to me at this time of my career. I’m thinking we will get decent raises like we have in the past. My question is are we gonna have to start paying for our healthcare ? Are they planning on doing anything about retiree healthcare? And what about all this forced OT? I know there’s a lot of issues out there and we each have our own. I just wanna see UPS treat us with some dignity and respect.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
There isn't going to be a strike. Once the members see the total package, I'm thinking things will be somewhat different.
If there is hybrid, flex starts, same useless 95 protection and non consecutive days off, I think that’s all most need to see.

35years

Gravy route
Keep in mind...
$36.19 in 2017 = $43.12 in 2023 at an avg inflation rate of 2.96%
$6.93
Are we still going to be pleased?

I was told (by someone on the national negotiating committee) the monetary gains would greatest be for new part timers. And full time current Teamsters should expect relatively small gains.

Not going to be happy with less than 3% in pension or wages.

Last edited:

35years

Gravy route
Bonus maybe?
Car dealers are gonna have a field day!
Bonus of $40,000? Doubt it.
I posted this before...

Rumored 6 year deal.

With OT, full timer...
$1 more per hour = $12,500 over the 6 years. That is the value of just one yearly raise.

$12,500 first year raise
+$10,000 second year
+$7,500 third year
+$5,000 forth year
+$2,500 Fifth year
--------------------
=$37,500

So how much of a bonus is worth a contract that gives substandard raises? Not to mention that bonus checks in leu of raises sets a lower hourly rate to build from the next contract.

A $40,000 bonus check with no raises would be a good deal for UPS on a 6 year contract because the following contract we start at a lower hourly wage.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I posted this before...

Rumored 6 year deal.

With OT, full timer...
$1 more per hour = $12,500 over the 6 years. That is the value of just one yearly raise.

$12,500 first year raise
$10,000 second year
$7,500 third year
$5,000 forth year
$2,500 Fifth year

So how much of a bonus is worth a contract that gives substandard raises? Not to mention that bonus checks in leu of raises sets a lower hourly rate to build from the next contract.

A $40,000 bonus check with no raises would be a good deal for UPS on a 6 year contract because the following contract we start at a lower hourly wage.
Try to sell that to a guy who ran out of weed 3 days ago. They probably won't vote anyways..... Maybe.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I posted this before...

Rumored 6 year deal.

With OT, full timer...

$12,500 first year raise
+$10,000 second year
+$7,500 third year
+$5,000 forth year
+$2,500 Fifth year
--------------------
=$37,500

What if I only have 6 years left before I retire???