Flight Attendant Rage..Are we next?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
As companies keep pushing their people to the breaking point, I'm afraid we will see more employee rage. I've seen small blowups at work but none that would make the national news. It could only be a matter of time. If I was the head of corporate safety(all title, no substance) I would be working on the 8 Keys to Preventing Workplace Rage.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't think the company pushed this guy. It was an 'entitled' customer acting like an A-Hole and not following safety instructions that set this guy off.

bad company

semi-pro
I've fantasized about sending a ODS message saying I quit, and driving a package car into a pond/lake and bailing out at the last minute... nothing ever violent though.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I don't think the company pushed this guy. It was an 'entitled' customer acting like an A-Hole and not following safety instructions that set this guy off.
Or that was the last straw in his frustrating career. I haven't seen the news on this, just a blurb, and wonder if this wasn't just to get some 15 minute notoriety.

I've fantasized about sending a ODS message saying I quit, and driving a package car into a pond/lake and bailing out at the last minute... nothing ever violent though.
I send the "I quit" message all the time. Sometimes I send the "you're FIRED" message, but the center manager always reappears the next day.:dissapointed:

Whoops, almost went off on a KLEINgent. Personally, I don't think I would ever let myself get that far out of control, though I have been known to lose my temper now and again. I tend to talk more about things now. I think that people who let this job get to them, and don't talk to someone or vent in some other manner, are the ones in trouble of maybe losing "it" one day.

klein

Für Meno :)
The way it looks like as of now.
That guy named "Slater" will never need to work, again.

I'm sure he'll be on Oprah, Late night show, and many others.
Just watching my cdn news now.... they said it well worth a 2nd day reporting about him.
This guy has gone worldwide with his act !

The way it looks like as of now.
That guy named "Slater" will never need to work, again.

This guy has gone worldwide with his act !

Geez you`d think he was Canadian or something.
Story is the passenger was bashing America and bartering for cheaper alcohol and the attendant flipped. Could have happened to any of us.

P

pickup

Geez you`d think he was Canadian or something.
Story is the passenger was bashing America and bartering for cheaper alcohol and the attendant flipped. Could have happened to any of us.

I heard that he is arguing that his firing was undeserved because he deployed the slide at the end of the shift when the flight had already landed and had come to a stop. It was only going to be a half hour before he punched out anyway.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
I would do this but then I would sadly just be yelling at boxes, I would not be able to grab 2 beers on the way out, not to mention I dont have a slide on my package car. I wish I did.

P

pickup

I heard that the flight attendant was arrested while he was in bed with his boyfriend. Not that there is anything wrong with that!

[video=youtube;2dqtI4VXJho]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dqtI4VXJho[/video]

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Flight Attendants do a thankless job.
They have to service and be polite to people that simply ignore them when they give the pre-flight instructions.
Polite to people that will be looking to them in the event of an emergency.
Polite to people that are to busy to pay attention to simple instructions.

Imagine talking to a group of non-responding, eye-rolling, magazine reading adults with instructions that could save lives.

Do you want to be treated well on an airplane?
Here is the simple secret.
Make eye-contact with attendant - positive eye-contact!!
When they point to the exits...even if you know where the exits are...follow them...make them feel valued...maybe learn something.

Say thank you.

These under appreciated airline slaves may surprise you with an upgrade to first class because your actions made them feel valued.
They sometimes, if the opportunity exists, like to return the goodwill.