Flight Benefits Question

hypo hanna

And when, (not "if") you get bumped at some deserted airport in the middle of the night, don't expect sympathy from management for being late to work.

CJinx

The only time I've ever used the company perks is to get a free rental car at the destination; money saved on the flight itself usually isn't worth the hassle.

DontThrowPackages

Is the flight benefits for all FEDEX employees or Express only?
Understand when you tell a carrier, you're holding a standby ticket you will be placed at the BOTTOM of the wait list. They will ask anyone near the gate breathing if they would like to fly on X flight. They will wait til the door is about to close before the airline will finally allow you on. They don't like this company for whatever reason. Doesn't matter how nice or polity you are. You are the worst form of life when it comes to standby flying. And don't even think about taking family with you LOLOLOLOL. You're wife will get on Tuesday, your two kids Wednesday and you Thursday morning at 01:47. I've had friends stranded in Hawaii, Mexico, Canada and in the states. I wouldn't even recommend using it to fly to vegas. You're bumped again and again you're praying to get on one of the last 3 flights of the day. By the time you go through the stress and fuss, you couldn't have paid the extra 50 or so dollars and bought a confirmed ticket.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Understand when you tell a carrier, you're holding a standby ticket you will be placed at the BOTTOM of the wait list. They will ask anyone near the gate breathing if they would like to fly on X flight. They will wait til the door is about to close before the airline will finally allow you on. They don't like this company for whatever reason. Doesn't matter how nice or polity you are. You are the worst form of life when it comes to standby flying. And don't even think about taking family with you LOLOLOLOL. You're wife will get on Tuesday, your two kids Wednesday and you Thursday morning at 01:47. I've had friends stranded in Hawaii, Mexico, Canada and in the states. I wouldn't even recommend using it to fly to vegas. You're bumped again and again you're praying to get on one of the last 3 flights of the day. By the time you go through the stress and fuss, you couldn't have paid the extra 50 or so dollars and bought a confirmed ticket.

I've flown 3 RT flights on SWA with no issues since we got our discount reinstated. It's $94 RT. You call the SWA non-rev number the day before the flight to check. You get a boarding pass just like anyone else, but you're going to be the last in line. I assume that if someone comes in at the last minute with a retail ticket on an otherwise full flight, they will make you leave the plane.

Try for the earlier flights. You don't want to be booked for the last flight of the day and get pulled with no other options. Booking an early flight gives you more options if you get pulled. Also look on the airlines' websites at ticket prices for flights on or near the date you want to travel. The higher the ticket price, the more full it's likely to be.

I wouldn't bother with AA/USAir, United, or Delta. The deals aren't very good and they love to overbook. Stick with the low-cost airlines like SWA, AirTran, JetBlue, Frontier, and so on. They offer flat rates. I haven't looked in a while, but I think they all offer RT tickets for $150 or less anywhere in the lower 48.

Flying alone is not a problem. Flying with someone else can be. Flying in a party of more than 3 is not advised.

Plan some cushion, if possible, to account for the possibility of being pulled from a full flight. If you must absolutely make one end of the trip by a certain time, buy a regular ticket for that flight and use your discount for the other.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I've flown 3 RT flights on SWA with no issues since we got our discount reinstated. It's $94 RT. You call the SWA non-rev number the day before the flight to check. You get a boarding pass just like anyone else, but you're going to be the last in line. I assume that if someone comes in at the last minute with a retail ticket on an otherwise full flight, they will make you leave the plane.

Try for the earlier flights. You don't want to be booked for the last flight of the day and get pulled with no other options. Booking an early flight gives you more options if you get pulled. Also look on the airlines' websites at ticket prices for flights on or near the date you want to travel. The higher the ticket price, the more full it's likely to be.

I wouldn't bother with AA/USAir, United, or Delta. The deals aren't very good and they love to overbook. Stick with the low-cost airlines like SWA, AirTran, JetBlue, Frontier, and so on. They offer flat rates. I haven't looked in a while, but I think they all offer RT tickets for $150 or less anywhere in the lower 48.

Flying alone is not a problem. Flying with someone else can be. Flying in a party of more than 3 is not advised.

Plan some cushion, if possible, to account for the possibility of being pulled from a full flight. If you must absolutely make one end of the trip by a certain time, buy a regular ticket for that flight and use your discount for the other.

You fly with MT3, not SWA.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
The only time I've ever used the company perks is to get a free rental car at the destination; money saved on the flight itself usually isn't worth the hassle.

Just to confirm, you guys don't get any discount airfare.