Floating holidays and Personel Dec. 1-25

nikonpro

I have been with the Company 28 years in May. Was My understanding FHP and Personel days could be taken from Dec.1-25. Our Center Manager is eliminating this for all employees at the Ventura Center, SLIC 9300. Anyone else having this problem? Regards, James A. Nagy.

ikoi62

No personal or fhp from Thanksgiving till Jan 1 been that way for the almost 24 years i have been there.

King Of Queens

Been with UPS for 5 years I would in the West Los Angeles SLIC 9050 and it has always been NO FHP NO OPT DAY And NO Vac during the month of December

we had a driver take off on personals 2 days the week before Christmas. Although it was a very special occasion that he was out for, and a one time thing. Can't go into details.

nikonpro

Wow this is exactly why Management does and acts the way they do. It is in the Western States contract addendum. Page 16 Blue section for drivers. Page 12-13 Canary section for insiders. After talking about FHP and Personel days, and how many to allow per day DURING the Year, It says from Dec 1-15 These may be limited. It does not say eliminated. I filed my Grievance today. Wow did not know how many people do not know or read the contract. regards, Jim.

Wow this is exactly why Management does and acts the way they do. It is in the Western States contract addendum. Page 16 Blue section for drivers. Page 12-13 Canary section for insiders. After talking about FHP and Personel days, and how many to allow per day DURING the Year, It says from Dec 1-15 These may be limited. It does not say eliminated. I filed my Grievance today. Wow did not know how many people do not know or read the contract. regards, Jim.
WOW...why the hell would I read the Western States contract addendum? Nothing in there that applies to me.

Also, If you have a copy of the contract and know what is says, why are you posting about it here? This seems to be a matter for your steward or BA.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wow, why in the hell would I read the Western supplement here on the Right Coast?

Leftinbuilding

Just to throw a monkey wrench into things, I was on vacation from Thanksgiving until Dec 6. I think the expected low volume helped me some.