Florida UPS crash

Overpaid Union Thug

When will UPS finally realize that every time they rule these accidents “avoidable” a disgruntled driver is instantly created? I’ve seen it affect the attitudes of an entire center too.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
When will UPS finally realize that every time they rule these accidents “avoidable” a disgruntled driver is instantly created? I’ve seen it affect the attitudes of an entire center too.

I've always joked, that an asteroid could fall from space and hit your truck and

they would deem it avoidable.... because you didn't know what was on all 6 sides

of your vehicle.

rod

Retired 22 years
They always told us to drive "aggressively-----but under control". A classic "leave yourself an out" for them to charge you. .

DriverNerd

Years ago I stopped for a school bus that was taking a wide turn into my lane. I came to a complete stop and was rear ended by a Jimmy Johns driver. That driver also got a ticket. My union steward was all over this one (and I didn't even ask him) and actually called the union hall for me on this one because they were going to deem it avoidable because I should have realized the driver behind me wasn't slowing down and I should have honked my horn to alert him. Not surprisingly, that's when I realized how management/this job was and I got a DGAF attitude after that.