FMC 392.3

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Has anyone had success on using fmc 392.3 (illness or fatigue) as a means to call in without penalty? The way I understand it to qualify under this we have to engage in interstate commerce. My business agent says this only applies to semi truck drivers but I disagree with that interpretation. They all act like they've never heard of this. Am I crazy here or am I finally pushing the right buttons?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211006-184315_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211006-184315_Chrome.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot_20211006-184208_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211006-184208_Chrome.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 55

542thruNthru

Yes, we hold a DOT card. Unless the regulation specifically says CDL holders only than it applies to all DOT card holders.

What are you going to use fatigue for?

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
Careful with the fatigue card. They can make you take a fit for duty exam, where they'll test everything, including drug testing. So if you enjoy other than allowed stress relief, think twice.

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
Almost guaranteed you will put yourself on the radar for sleep apnea too. They'll chop you back to a 90 day card with a time frame for testing at which they will yank your card if not met.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Yes, we hold a DOT card. Unless the regulation specifically says CDL holders only than it applies to all DOT card holders.

What else is there to use fatigue for? Weekends off! I am amazingly only fatigued on Saturdays during peak! ;)

Misthios

To not be forced to work 6 days a week from the beginning of September to well past March at this point. Regardless of how anyone feels this should not be allowed to happen to any of us. We are not wage slaves nor are we beholden to this company. Their staffing issues should not be forced on RPCD. They wanted 22.4 drivers so use them. I wouldn't have an issue with an occasional Saturday but not every one. Especially when they're dispatching 10-13 hour days on Saturday. Also cutting dispatches through the week for rpcd to save hours for Saturday. Also trying to schedule rpcd off Monday and violating the m-friend part of the contract.

Misthios

Almost guaranteed you will put yourself on the radar for sleep apnea too. They'll chop you back to a 90 day card with a time frame for testing at which they will yank your card if not met.
If that's what it takes then I'll play ball. Staffing issues shouldn't become my issue. They're running drivers off, not replacing retirees and this has been happening since early this year. Love the job. Love my route. Throughly enjoy it but I work to live not live to work.

Misthios

Careful with the fatigue card. They can make you take a fit for duty exam, where they'll test everything, including drug testing. So if you enjoy other than allowed stress relief, think twice.
No worries on those things. Don't use drugs and rarely drink. I don't want to become that guy but this isn't right. No one should work 6 days a week. Especially in as physically demanding of a job as we have. That's how accidents and injuries happen.

542thruNthru

To not be forced to work 6 days a week from the beginning of September to well past March at this point. Regardless of how anyone feels this should not be allowed to happen to any of us. We are not wage slaves nor are we beholden to this company. Their staffing issues should not be forced on RPCD. They wanted 22.4 drivers so use them. I wouldn't have an issue with an occasional Saturday but not every one. Especially when they're dispatching 10-13 hour days on Saturday. Also cutting dispatches through the week for rpcd to save hours for Saturday. Also trying to schedule rpcd off Monday and violating the m-friend part of the contract.
Was just curious. Some have used it when they are sick of being worked multiple 13 hour days a week. They'll call the office and bring the route back.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
For the love of god can we remove the letter FFFFF autocorrect to friend. What are we 4 years old?

Misthios

Was just curious. Some have used it when they are sick of being worked multiple 13 hour days a week. They'll call the office and bring the route back.
I love what I do but 6 days is too much. I've put over 5 years in now. I've paid my dues when Saturdays originally started in my building. When 180 stops were given a 1000-2000 pal label. I wish the union could be of more help but all you get is too bad so sad. This is why I've gone to trying to use this. I don't want to but what other choice so I have?

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
They will absolutely make you jump through those hoops if you play that card. Better be on the up and up if you want to play hardball.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I got a 90 day for pissing +2 sugar. My GP laughed and signed my clearance papers. DOT don’t ***k around.