FMLA pregnancy

over9five

Staff member
Unpaid.

If you have a co-operative management team, they'll let you use any sick days or optionals you have.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Article 16

Paternity leave shall be granted in accordance with Section 6 of this Article with the exception of employees not able to meet the qualifications set out in Section 6, who shall be granted leave not to exceed one (1) week.
Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary in any Supplement,Rider, or Addenda, an employee shall be allowed to designate in any vacation year paid time off up to twenty (20) days, to be used in the next vacation year, in accordance with this paragraph. Any paid time off that is provided on a weekly basis can only be banked in weekly increments. The accrued paid time off may be used in the next vacation year to cover any period of time that (1) the employee is deter-mined to be unable to perform her job due to pregnancy (for the father,time off is requested due to the birth) and (2) is not covered by the FMLA, existing disability plans or other paid time off. If the accrued time off is not used in that year, it will be paid to the employee within two (2) weeks of the request. If the vacation is not used as part of the leave, and it would have originally been taken in that vacation year, the employee shall also have the option of rescheduling the unused vacation as time off in accordance with local practice.
Paternity leave shall be granted in accordance with Section 6 of this Article with the exception of employees not able to meet the qualifications set out in Section 6, who shall be granted leave not to exceed one (1) week.
Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary in any Supplement,Rider, or Addenda, an employee shall be allowed to designate in any vacation year paid time off up to twenty (20) days, to be used in the next vacation year, in accordance with this paragraph. Any paid time off that is provided on a weekly basis can only be banked in weekly increments. The accrued paid time off may be used in the next vacation year to cover any period of time that (1) the employee is determined to be unable to perform her job due to pregnancy (for the father,time off is requested due to the birth) and (2) is not covered by the FMLA, existing disability plans or other paid time off. If the accrued time off is not used in that year, it will be paid to the employee within two (2) weeks of the request. If the vacation is not used as part of the leave, and it would have originally been taken in that vacation year, the employee shall also have the option of rescheduling the unused vacation as time off in accordance with local practice.
Take the fmla and they have to pay you at least three weeks of your vacation. It's a law.

If you do not apply for FMLA, it's not required, and take a week off then your mgmt. team could move a week of vacation for you, optional days, etc, if you have them to use.
If you apply for FMLA, and you have paid time accrued for the year, then they will pay you day for day for each one you use (1 off, paid 1). You do not have to take a week.

407 was incorrect. UPS under the law may (they always do) substitute paid time for FMLA time. It's day for day. There is no 3 week minimum.

Article 16

Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary in any Supplement,Rider, or Addenda, an employee shall be allowed to designate in any vacation year paid time off up to twenty (20) days, to be used in the next vacation year, in accordance with this paragraph. Any paid time off that is provided on a weekly basis can only be banked in weekly increments. The accrued paid time off may be used in the next vacation year to cover any period of time that (1) the employee is deter-mined to be unable to perform her job due to pregnancy (for the father,time off is requested due to the birth) and (2) is not covered by the FMLA, existing disability plans or other paid time off. If the accrued time off is not used in that year, it will be paid to the employee within two (2) weeks of the request. If the vacation is not used as part of the leave, and it would have originally been taken in that vacation year, the employee shall also have the option of rescheduling the unused vacation as time off in accordance with local practice.
Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary in any Supplement,Rider, or Addenda, an employee shall be allowed to designate in any vacation year paid time off up to twenty (20) days, to be used in the next vacation year, in accordance with this paragraph. Any paid time off that is provided on a weekly basis can only be banked in weekly increments. The accrued paid time off may be used in the next vacation year to cover any period of time that (1) the employee is determined to be unable to perform her job due to pregnancy (for the father,time off is requested due to the birth) and (2) is not covered by the FMLA, existing disability plans or other paid time off. If the accrued time off is not used in that year, it will be paid to the employee within two (2) weeks of the request. If the vacation is not used as part of the leave, and it would have originally been taken in that vacation year, the employee shall also have the option of rescheduling the unused vacation as time off in accordance with local practice.

So I was wrong by one week? I took four paid with my first and two with the second. I was a little smarter the second time around.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Apply.
Use as needed.
This is for your future protection as father and husband.
I know many females which pulled this card during arguments.
You want to avoid these words, "You weren't around to help when our baby was born. I did it all myself, etc."

I read "...paid within 2 weeks"

Is that what you were thinking?
I don't know. I think I need to refresh. To be honest with you my business agents and my local are so good. They take so good care of the members that I should be more thankful for them and I am. They are so good I forget stuff because they handle so much.