nystripe96

I'm supposed to hit top rate in September but I've been out on FMLA for 5 weeks. Does that delay when I hit top rate or will I still get that raise in September?

Future

Victory Ride
If the OP used vacation time during the 5 weeks, that would count.
IMG_4310.GIF

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
If you used FMLA it's probably delayed. If you used vacation, you'll hit top scale even while you're out. It happened to me this way. I took 5 weeks off for the birth of my child. 2 of the vacation checks came with the regular rate and the last 3 were at top scale. Huge difference between those.

However later that year I used FMLA to spend another month and a half with my infant son. Luckily the state of California pays for those first 6 weeks of FMLA. However, the next year I didn't get as many weeks of vacation because they said I didn't earn days while I was out on FMLA. So it seems that time on FMLA counts for absolutely nothing. I guess that's fair.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Delay. You were on leave.
If you are on leave, it is like you are not there. Those 5 weeks are invisible.
Yup delayed. Happened to a driver in my center this year. I couldn't believe it when he told me

Wrong.

No, it does not delay

Right.

Article 16

Section 6. Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)

"The employee’s seniority rights shall continue as if the employee had not taken leave under this section, and the Employer will maintain health insurance coverage during the period of the leave."

Pg. 46

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

-Bug-