FMLA with COVID pay

upswyo510

Does anyone know if we should be also filing FMLA when we take the COVID emergency pay? I don’t want to lose my families insurance for not having any union dues paid during a full week of being gone.

quad decade guy

Does anyone know if we should be also filing FMLA when we take the COVID emergency pay? I don’t want to lose my families insurance for not having any union dues paid during a full week of being gone.
If me.....
Take an option day. That will get the week covered for insurance.

Then FMLA...but that is a crap shoot.

But you say you don't have any option days left?.......

JustDeliverIt

I was out for 7 work days and didn’t file anything other than the stuff they needed on upsers.com so I got paid. Never had an issue but I know every area has different plans and requirements. Best to call your local and ask.

upswyo510

I was out for 7 work days and didn’t file anything other than the stuff they needed on upsers.com so I got paid. Never had an issue but I know every area has different plans and requirements. Best to call your local and ask.
Okay thank you. I’m just getting the run around from everyone, no one seems to have a clear answer. All I know is that ups is way behind on paying the EPL so I don’t expect they’ll actually pay it on time like a regular paycheck it’ll probably be weeks before I see that pay which means I’ll have at least one week with no paycheck at all so no union dues. Thanks again!

Back From Break

For Teamcare, as long as you have at least 1 compensated hour during the week, or any type of paid leave (sick day, option day, vacation, COVID Emergency pay) you are covered for insurance for that week.

If you have no compensated time, or no paid leave, you do not have insurance for that week. COVID pay is paid leave and qualifies you for insurance for those weeks for which you qualify for COVID pay, even if you have not been paid for it yet.

quad decade guy

Okay thank you. I’m just getting the run around from everyone, no one seems to have a clear answer. All I know is that ups is way behind on paying the EPL so I don’t expect they’ll actually pay it on time like a regular paycheck it’ll probably be weeks before I see that pay which means I’ll have at least one week with no paycheck at all so no union dues. Thanks again!
My local HAD NO CLUE.

Run around? Mine is at 12 weeks so far.

At the very least.......call the covid hotline and make them show that they received your paperwork. By written record(email).

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
YOU GUYS REALLY THOUGHT THEY WOULD PAY YOU FOR COVID LEAVE? 😂

They just had to do that so the general public thinks UPS is being safe!

✊🧔

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
YOU GUYS REALLY THOUGHT THEY WOULD PAY YOU FOR COVID LEAVE? 😂

They just had to do that so the general public thinks UPS is being safe!

✊🧔

To make it easier for the employees all they had to do is create a pay code for COVID leave, similar to option and vacation days. Once the employee calls in after being diagnosed as positive the center would automatically code it correctly.

No.. that would be too simple, let them jump through hoops and maybe 40 percent of their eligible employees will just give up...it is all about saving a bucks.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
To make it easier for the employees all they had to do is create a pay code for COVID leave, similar to option and vacation days. Once the employee calls in after being diagnosed as positive the center would automatically code it correctly.

No.. that would be too simple, let them jump through hoops and maybe 40 percent of their eligible employees will just give up...it is all about saving a bucks.
%100 agree union brother
🧔✊

quad decade guy

It is bizarre. However, like most things at UPS.....cost is everything. Mgmt will and does whatever it can to look good on the report. This includes dishonesty.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat

They didn't want to admit someone brought the Cheyna virus in their building

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
My local HAD NO CLUE.

Run around? Mine is at 12 weeks so far.

At the very least.......call the covid hotline and make them show that they received your paperwork. By written record(email).

Just curious if anybody else has got the run around by the (subcontracted HR Department) or is only me and @quad decade guy that have encountered difficulties about being paid for COVID-19 leave?

Is this just the typical (Standard of Procedures) associated with dealing with UPS and is it
only confined to the Union employees?

How are the (Union Free) employees being processed if they apply or are they exempt because they are on salary?

:grrr:

quad decade guy

Just curious if anybody else has got the run around by the (subcontracted HR Department) or is only me and @quad decade guy that have encountered difficulties about being paid for COVID-19 leave?

Is this just the typical (Standard of Procedures) associated with dealing with UPS and is it
only confined to the Union employees?

How are the (Union Free) employees being processed if they apply or are they exempt because they are on salary?

:grrr:
My ORS had Covid at the same time as me....

He was paid weeks earlier....like the next week. What does that tell you?