FNG - Loader

VitaObscura

Picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
Showed up on a Saturday ( last week ) to fill out paperwork, got an email later that night saying I'd start tomorrow at 0900 on Sunday.

I've been a Seasonal Loader for almost two weeks, already got "torn" a new one from some Twilight Jr. Supervisor ( I successfully didn't laugh ) because his Supervisor was yelling at him about how I wasn't stacking Irregs to the ceiling, which is understandable, unfortunately the Irregs were all mashed to :censored2: because the bikes inside tore up the cardboard "dividers", so the only way to stack these things is three on top and then repeat on the next row since the training video/management has a hard on for the Power Zone and RMA practices.

Day Manager and Supe essentially laughed and said to forget about it, which makes my "You're gonna get screwed" senses tingle, I'm about to get Blue Falconed.

My body is sore, but whatever, it comes with the territory, especially since I wasn't able to walk for a month after my visit to the VA.

I've already gotten the Loading nightmare of unending boxes a few days ago, woke up pissed off, it was great.

I'm thinking that if I can stick it out, I can double stack the benefits from the VA and UPS, all while covering my soon to be Wife, especially since we bought a house together recently and I'm still working my second job since the Army left me with an awesome case of Insomnia/ability to function on little to no hours of sleep.

So yeah, howdy.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Showed up on a Saturday ( last week ) to fill out paperwork, got an email later that night saying I'd start tomorrow at 0900 on Sunday.

I've been a Seasonal Loader for almost two weeks, already got "torn" a new one from some Twilight Jr. Supervisor ( I successfully didn't laugh ) because his Supervisor was yelling at him about how I wasn't stacking Irregs to the ceiling, which is understandable, unfortunately the Irregs were all mashed to :censored2: because the bikes inside tore up the cardboard "dividers", so the only way to stack these things is three on top and then repeat on the next row since the training video/management has a hard on for the Power Zone and RMA practices.

Day Manager and Supe essentially laughed and said to forget about it, which makes my "You're gonna get screwed" senses tingle, I'm about to get Blue Falconed.

My body is sore, but whatever, it comes with the territory, especially since I wasn't able to walk for a month after my visit to the VA.

I've already gotten the Loading nightmare of unending boxes a few days ago, woke up :censored2: off, it was great.

I'm thinking that if I can stick it out, I can double stack the benefits from the VA and UPS, all while covering my soon to be Wife, especially since we bought a house together recently and I'm still working my second job since the Army left me with an awesome case of Insomnia/ability to function on little to no hours of sleep.

So yeah, howdy.

Sounds like the Doc at the VA was a little hard on ya

VitaObscura

Welcome. What was your MOS? Why weren't you able to walk for a month?

96B, long story short. I slipped in the backyard and jammed both knees onto a large pile of rocks which messed up the Medial and Lateral Meniscus.

Sounds like the Doc at the VA was a little hard on ya

The Doc gave me 800 mg of Ibuprofen and told me to hydrate. After a week of that Mickey Mouse BS, I had a 68W friend take a look at it and he told me to take half an Ibuprofen and Naproxin with food and a lot of water. Needless to say, the Combat Doc knew what he was talking about over some slack jaw saw bones. . . but I may be bitter. At least I can walk now.

So, I've been at the job for two weeks now. Just got my first check, end of shift I get pulled aside, given my positive nature I automatically think, "Well, I'm about to get canned.". They offered me a Supervisor role. . .

Why'd they offer the FNG a Supe role? They gotta be hurting for people.

VitaObscura

I've had Supervisor/Manager positions before, naturally not at UPS, regardless I'm always suspicious of them, I just can't get behind someone who doesn't work for a living and I've worked with some shady AF folks before.

I really just wanted to do my time and eventually transfer into a 22.3 job or do Car Wash at Nights as a friend already works where I'm at and gave me the low down on whats what.

There's just a lot to take in, especially when my mindset was tuned towards mindless grunt work hamfisting boxes like some aborted version of Tetris.