Following Methods + Not Caring About THEIR Numbers = Easy Breezy Peak Seasons

Overpaid Union Thug

Over two years ago I decided to start focusing on following the methods. I quickly realized that the only way to really be able to pull that off was to simply not care about their numbers anymore. I never really was one of those guys that beat myself up over not "running under" but I did pay attention and even figured out which routes had fair time allowances. Following over 330 methods is actually quite difficult but the trick is to focus on the safety related methods and and other things that should never be skipped. The end result has been the easiest two years I've had as a driver and that includes peak season.

It's been sweet. I feel better physically and mentally. Most of the nagging pains in my feet, legs, back, etc., have went away and I don't feel nearly as tired/fatigued after work as I did before. The biggest change is how I feel when I get out of bed in the morning. I'm not quite as rigor mortis stiff as I used to be and its getting better all the time.

Sure.....on paper I'm probably "least best" in just about every single metric category in the center's operation reports. And I have likely been the subject of many conference calls (many of which resulted in my management team being verbally assaulted via said conference calls and/or emails) behind closed doors. And I know for a fact that I've be resented by the slew of runner and gunner/balls to the wall/bonus baby/must always work in "beast mode" types in my center for having to come take work off me every once in a while. Particularly during peak when they think that the extra volume surely means that we all should have to replicate their foolish behavior. They can't stand having to help those of us that actually have the balls to follow the methods during peak. But do I care?...?....?.....LOL! NOPE.

I have actually enjoyed my job every since I've been on cruise control. And my dispatches are usually kept under 9.5 hours and if not.....well.....I gladly file and accept the penalty pay. This job really is a breeze if done correctly. I suggest that everyone try it. You won't regret it. But learn your contract and be prepared to prove that you will not be intimated by management. Because they will definitely try to once their numbers are affected. Especially if they even think you cared about their numbers before. But don't give in. Not even during peak season. It's worth it.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Over two years ago I decided to start focusing on following the methods. I quickly realized that the only way to really be able to pull that off was to simply not care about their numbers anymore. I never really was one of those guys that beat myself up over not "running under" but I did pay attention and even figured out which routes had fair time allowances. Following over 330 methods is actually quite difficult but the trick is to focus on the safety related methods and and other things that should never be skipped. The end result has been the easiest two years I've had as a driver and that includes peak season.

It's been sweet. I feel better physically and mentally. Most of the nagging pains in my feet, legs, back, etc., have went away and I don't feel nearly as tired/fatigued after work as I did before. The biggest change is how I feel when I get out of bed in the morning. I'm not quite as rigor mortis stiff as I used to be and its getting better all the time.

Sure.....on paper I'm probably "least best" in just about every single metric category in the center's operation reports. And I have likely been the subject of many conference calls (many of which resulted in my management team being verbally assaulted via said conference calls and/or emails) behind closed doors. And I know for a fact that I've be resented by the slew of runner and gunner/balls to the wall/bonus baby/must always work in "beast mode" types in my center for having to come take work off me every once in a while. Particularly during peak when they think that the extra volume surely means that we all should have to replicate their foolish behavior. They can't stand having to help those of us that actually have the balls to follow the methods during peak. But do I care?...?....?.....LOL! NOPE.

I have actually enjoyed my job every since I've been on cruise control. And my dispatches are usually kept under 9.5 hours and if not.....well.....I gladly file and accept the penalty pay. This job really is a breeze if done correctly. I suggest that everyone try it. You won't regret it. But learn your contract and be prepared to prove that you will not be intimated by management. Because they will definitely try to once their numbers are affected. Especially if they even think you cared about their numbers before. But don't give in. Not even during peak season. It's worth it.
Ditto. Merry Christmas brother.

Dragon

Package Center Manager

Sorry you don't know all 330 methods..and then its Christmas day and you wake up and wished you knew all 330. You also don't really follow the safety related methods. I would even bet you don't do the pre-trip correctly.:nonono:

Overpaid Union Thug

Sorry you don't know all 330 methods..and then its Christmas day and you wake up and wished you knew all 340. You also don't really follow the safety related methods. I would even bet you don't do the pre-trip correctly.:nonono:

Fixed it for you.

And yes.....I don't know them all. But I follow as many as I can. At least I'm honest about it. Unlike the empty suits that instruct us to sheet late NDAs as "Weather" during perfect spring-like weather.

mdnj88

Fixed it for you.

And yes.....I don't know them all. But I follow as many as I can. At least I'm honest about it. Unlike the empty suits that instruct us to sheet late NDAs as "Weather" during perfect spring-like weather.
Why does that bother you? Sheet how ever they say n who cares!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Follow the methods and try to run your route using ORION, we are not paid to think anymore. Its the company's plan, use it to your advantage. In my younger days, I would think of ways to be more efficient and cut corners so I could get home at a decent time to be with my family. The kids are grown now, I'm just padding my investments.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Sorry you don't know all 330 methods..and then its Christmas day and you wake up and wished you knew all 330. You also don't really follow the safety related methods. I would even bet you don't do the pre-trip correctly.:nonono:
Damm dude just when i thought you were going to turn the corner n mellow out. You dont honestly act this way all the time i hope? Guess ive lost all faith in hope in people changing. Your not honestly HYPNOTIZED by all their lies are you? Well it looks like it but hoping im wrong by my assessment. I just dont know dude, id honestly hate myself if i acted that way all the time. Guess everything is the drivers fault no matter what happens in managements eyes. Its a shame dude cause you might actually be an ok dude in real life, i dont know but WOW DUDE, im not going to lose total faith in you, maybe youll turn the corner 1 day. Honestly you need out of UPS dude for real, its got you down man. The Amazon thing might be good for your mind and soul Dragon, being serious dude not bulljivin, youve been dealing with their negativity for too long its bringing you down and you dont realize it or MAYBE THATS HOW YOUR REALLY BUILT. Like i said not hating on ya but damm dude really lol.

Brown_Star

Methods Man
Damm dude just when i thought you were going to turn the corner n mellow out. You dont honestly act this way all the time i hope? Guess ive lost all faith in hope in people changing. Your not honestly HYPNOTIZED by all their lies are you? Well it looks like it but hoping im wrong by my assessment. I just dont know dude, id honestly hate myself if i acted that way all the time. Guess everything is the drivers fault no matter what happens in managements eyes. Its a shame dude cause you might actually be an ok dude in real life, i dont know but WOW DUDE, im not going to lose total faith in you, maybe youll turn the corner 1 day. Honestly you need out of UPS dude for real, its got you down man. The Amazon thing might be good for your mind and soul Dragon, being serious dude not bulljivin, youve been dealing with their negativity for too long its bringing you down and you dont realize it or MAYBE THATS HOW YOUR REALLY BUILT. Like i said not hating on ya but damm dude really lol.

Brains scooped out and replaced with UPS candy....just follow methods it makes 'em shake.

RolloTony Brown Town

I don't think there's a correlation between your decision to follow the methods and your performance being subpar according to your management team.

In my group, my best performer overallowed wise also has the cleanest methods in the group. He also has the most tit route with decent time allowances. I guess what I'm trying to say, and I apologize if the message is too long winded, is that it's great that you strive to follow the methods because that is the job at the end of the day, but your performance is more a reflection of you in some regard (issues with prior dispatches, your management team, the company as a whole) than your choice to begin following the methods.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Brains scooped out and replaced with UPS candy....just follow methods it makes 'em shake.
I dont like talking bad about people and disrespecting people, im not built that way but he acts like that all the time. Always too serious n just jumping on the negativity train. Use this forum as an outlet not to keep throwing their negativity and lies at people. I dont sugar coat it, i know whats lies and BS and what is the truth. Just have fun and try and be positive when outside of work, IT AINT THAT DAMM HARD lol. Like i said id hate myself if i acted like that all the time. Im just trying to give the dude the benefit of the doubt and BOOM he goes on the tangent. That dude truly is lost, damm shame to be hypnotized like that for real. Im not trying to throw shots at homeboy but im just shaking my head in bewilderment. I dont get it, guess everyone is built differently. Its like Frigid, hes in management but hes cool bout stuff and i like and respect him. He gets it( FOR NOW LOL) that this job is 1 giant MINDBUCK and can come on here n hang out with the fellas and bulljive n have fun n crack jokes and throw friendly shots at each other but with respect for everyone at the end of the day.

Overpaid Union Thug

I don't think there's a correlation between your decision to follow the methods and your performance being subpar according to your management team.

In my group, my best performer overallowed wise also has the cleanest methods in the group. He also has the most tit route with decent time allowances. I guess what I'm trying to say, and I apologize if the message is too long winded, is that it's great that you strive to follow the methods because that is the job at the end of the day, but your performance is more a reflection of you in some regard (issues with prior dispatches, your management team, the company as a whole) than your choice to begin following the methods.

I'm in a bonus center. My numbers are not up to par because, for something like two decades, most drivers in our center only cared about getting done as quickly as possible so they could still be getting paid while they drive home, shower, and sit down for dinner. So now (even after several time studies) the only way to run scratch on most routes is to go "bust the route out" in lieu of following the methods. And I'm not a "performer." I'm a delivery driver. In my center nowadays the only performers are the ones that look good on those reports because their number are fake and only obtainable by cheating. Otherwise.....they'd be least best like me.

Last edited:

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

My boy who is a fulltime driver supe has 1 guy in his group who is 50 years old and is always an hour over every night consistently with no accidents or injuries in 25 years, my boys supe was telling him he needs to be under an hour every night and asked why he thought the dude was an hour or more over allowed every night and you know what he said to his supe? He straight up told him THAT MOTHER PFHUCKER IS OLD lmfao. Your performance has nothing to do with the reflection of you at all. Everyday is different on this job always was and always will be. Every driver and every route is different. If they didnt stack the cards with bad loads, bad dispatches, bad dols, and make believe standards WE WOULD ALL LOOK LIKE ROCK STARS ON PAPER if the game was actually fair.

Brown_Star

Methods Man
I dont like talking bad about people and disrespecting people, im not built that way but he acts like that all the time. Always too serious n just jumping on the negativity train. Use this forum as an outlet not to keep throwing their negativity and lies at people. I dont sugar coat it, i know whats lies and BS and what is the truth. Just have fun and try and be positive when outside of work, IT AINT THAT DAMM HARD lol. Like i said id hate myself if i acted like that all the time. Im just trying to give the dude the benefit of the doubt and BOOM he goes on the tangent. That dude truly is lost, damm shame to be hypnotized like that for real. Im not trying to throw shots at homeboy but im just shaking my head in bewilderment. I dont get it, guess everyone is built differently. Its like Frigid, hes in management but hes cool bout stuff and i like and respect him. He gets it( FOR NOW LOL) that this job is 1 giant MINDBUCK and can come on here n hang out with the fellas and bulljive n have fun n crack jokes and throw friendly shots at each other but with respect for everyone at the end of the day.

I know brother ... It's the way they are programmed.