Food Stamps and other assistance

moreluck

golden ticket member
I heard this morning that since one of the "A" southern states (Alabama) has added a work requirement to their food stamp program in 13 counties, there has been an 85% drop in food stamps given out.

Too many people out there want 'freebies'.

Last edited by a moderator:
l3q2XhfQ8oCkm1Ts4.gif

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Personally, I think there should be a work requirement for welfare, too.
Should be work requirements for farmers also. Why should we pay them not to plant?
Hell, there should also be work requirements for our elected government employees. They don't appear to be doing a damn thing.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Should be work requirements for farmers also. Why should we pay them not to plant?
Hell, there should also be work requirements for our elected government employees. They don't appear to be doing a damn thing.
I think most of the subsidies are given to Corporate farmers.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I heard this morning that since one of the "A" southern states (Arkansas or Alabama) has added a work requirement to their food stamp program, there has been an 80% drop in food stamps given out.

Too many people out there want 'freebies'.
Coincidentally death from malnutrition has risen 76% in that state

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If one spouse makes enough for them to live, I have no problem with the other raising kids or doing what they please. Frees up jobs for those that need them
Okay? lol, I don't have a problem with it either. She wants to judge people who are unemployed though, so I was just curious what her job was when she was able bodied.

The work requirement for food stamps was passed 20 freakin years ago under Clinton. Nothing to see here people.

MAKAVELI

Okay? lol, I don't have a problem with it either. She wants to judge people who are unemployed though, so I was just curious what her job was when she was able bodied.

The work requirement for food stamps was passed 20 freakin years ago under Clinton. Nothing to see here people.
I do recall her saying that she was once receiving food stamps so it is a bit ironic that she comes on here to judge others who receive the same assistance as well.