For FedEx and UPS, a Cheaper Route: the Post Office

Returntosender

Your Value Your Change Short position increasingly are moving their own packages through the U.S. Postal Service, putting pressure on the quasigovernmental agency and raising questions about whether the USPS is charging enough for the service.
For FedEx alone, the post office delivers an average of 2.2 million packages a day, or about 30% of the express-mail company's total U.S. ground segment.

UPS won't specify how much of its shipments go through the post office, but a regulatory filing indicates those type of lightweight shipments accounted for 40%—or about 37 million packages—of its total increase in ground shipments in 2012

http://online.wsj.com/articles/u-s-mail-does-the-trick-for-fedex-ups-1407182247

serco

I ordered on ebay, a starter for my fedex truck. It was shipped UPS, from a bordering state. 2 days max. But UPS decided to hand it off to USPS. Now its rescheduled for delivery in 4 days. Awsome system to piss people off.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
so you went cheaper than what the brick and mortar stores sell it for?!?!

you have to either pay for the convenience of the local autozone or advance auto parts or whatever parts stores has this

or play the waiting game when ordering online and shipping via the cheapest possible way
-------------------------------

at least amazon made a smart move to capitalize the USPS network instead of going with their own delivery service, like those test markets on the west coast

hopefully, they'll have enough research to finally have those green stepvans running about nationally ~ but i heard they're operated similarly to FX Ground/HD ~ via contractors as well?!?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I ordered on ebay, a starter for my fedex truck. It was shipped UPS, from a bordering state. 2 days max. But UPS decided to hand it off to USPS. Now its rescheduled for delivery in 4 days. Awsome system to piss people off.
The shipper decided ... not UPS

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
customer, serco, didn't pay for EXPRESS or airmail

now if he/she didn't need the part ASAP then there was no valid point about getting mad at a ground delivery