For Full-Time Employees: Temporary Part-Time Scheduling

ThePackageDeli

As part of a newness initiative, we would like our new CEO to implement flexible scheduling options for full-time employees.

These options would include but not be limited to:

- 1-month, 3-month, and 6-month contract agreements for reduced hours of service.

Under the agreement, employees will choose the number of days per week they would like to work and the set days of the week. The employee agrees to not miss any work days for the duration of the contract.

Overpaid Union Thug

As part of a newness initiative, we would like our new CEO to implement flexible scheduling options for full-time employees.

- 1-month, 3-month, and 6-month contract agreements for reduced hours of service.

Under the agreement, employees will choose the number of days per week they would like to work and the set days of the week. The employee agrees to not miss any work days for the duration of the contract.
I don’t see the point. Too many of our current full timers (mostly in the millennial age range) are already working part time hours and selecting their own days as they call out despite already being under an agreement (current contract) that requires that they not miss any work days.

Full-time is 40 hours or more per week. If someone wants to be part time then perhaps they should not have signed up for a full-time job?

What would make more sense is for a national push for a new language that allows some full timers to go back to part time. But I seriously doubt that will happen seeing how we couldn’t get the majority of our employees to vote last time despite it being easier than ever. People will spend hours staring at their phone looking at Facebook, Instagram, and their various fantasy football leagues. But couldn’t be bothered to take one minute to vote on a contract.

ThePackageDeli

I don’t see the point. Too many of our current full timers (mostly in the millennial age range) are already working part time hours and selecting their own days as they call out despite already being under an agreement (current contract) that requires that they not miss any work days.

Full-time is 40 hours or more per week. If someone wants to be part time then perhaps they should not have signed up for a full-time job?

What would make more sense is for a national push for a new language that allows some full timers to go back to part time. But I seriously doubt that will happen seeing how we couldn’t get the majority of our employees to vote last time despite it being easier than ever. People will spend hours staring at their phone looking at Facebook, Instagram, and their various fantasy football leagues. But couldn’t be bothered to take one minute to vote on a contract.
We're in a new era where flexibility is more fashionable than the hard nosed set in stone work scheduling of the past. Technological innovation is allowing for a more dynamic work environment..
If employees are already acting out the agreement that I've proposed, then we should take it as a sign and make it official so that management and scheduling can know for sure when people will be missing work instead of playing the guessing game like they are now.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Maybe they voted but their ballots mysteriously "disappeared ". Lol.

Overpaid Union Thug

We're in a new era where flexibility is more fashionable than the hard nosed set in stone work scheduling of the past. Technological innovation is allowing for a more dynamic work environment..
If employees are already acting out the agreement that I've proposed, then we should take it as a sign and make it official so that management and scheduling can know for sure when people will be missing work instead of playing the guessing game like they are now.
Yeah because a company is going to want to pay full time benefits for additional part time employees. LOL LOL LOL LOL

Un:censored2:ingbelievable.

ThePackageDeli

Yeah because a company is going to want to pay full time benefits for additional part time employees. LOL LOL LOL LOL
Some upsides for the company could be:
- part-timer benefits assigned to drivers under the agreement
- reduction in injuries
- reduction in unscheduled call-ins
- improved productivity from well-rested employees

If something like this would ever be seriously considered, I feel like it could be a good thing for everyone.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Lol

ThePackageDeli

SPREAD THE WORD!

flex_scheduling.jpg