For Full-Time Employees: Temporary Part-Time Scheduling

Method Mensch

We're in a new era where flexibility is more fashionable than the hard nosed set in stone work scheduling of the past. Technological innovation is allowing for a more dynamic work environment..
If employees are already acting out the agreement that I've proposed, then we should take it as a sign and make it official so that management and scheduling can know for sure when people will be missing work instead of playing the guessing game like they are now.
Not too tough to guess in my building. Any Monday through Friday driver asked to come in on Saturday and doesn't want to, typically just tells the sup. "I will be calling in Saturday to tell you that I'm not coming in today". Lo and behold, Saturday rolls around and the driver calls in and says: hey, I'm not coming in today". Not much of a guessing game.

11.19igrad

I don’t see the point. Too many of our current full timers (mostly in the millennial age range) are already working part time hours and selecting their own days as they call out despite already being under an agreement (current contract) that requires that they not miss any work days.

Full-time is 40 hours or more per week. If someone wants to be part time then perhaps they should not have signed up for a full-time job?

What would make more sense is for a national push for a new language that allows some full timers to go back to part time. But I seriously doubt that will happen seeing how we couldn’t get the majority of our employees to vote last time despite it being easier than ever. People will spend hours staring at their phone looking at Facebook, Instagram, and their various fantasy football leagues. But couldn’t be bothered to take one minute to vote on a contract.
Which is why I'm realizing what a dead end 22.4 is and questioning if it's worth it for me.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
jesus H christ-----either you want to work or you don't---make up your friggin mind. It's no wonder these companies are ready to throw in the towel. I swear 90% of the younger generation should be put in a gunny sack and thrown in a river.
I agree this is pretty funny but it’s also what the younger generation is demanding. More work flexibility. Companies are simply going to have to figure out to give it to them.

PT Car Washer

Which is why I'm realizing what a dead end 22.4 is and questioning if it's worth it for me.
Become a PT air driver. $30/hr current top rate and top driver rate anytime you deliver or pick up ground. Work 20 hrs a week delivering air or 60 hrs delivering ground. $600/wk or $2600/wk? your choice.

Overpaid Union Thug

Become a PT air driver. $30/hr current top rate and top driver rate anytime you deliver or pick up ground. Work 20 hrs a week delivering air or 60 hrs delivering ground. $600/wk or $2600/wk? your choice.
Air drivers are becoming a thing of the past in some buildings. With 22.3 and now 22.4s they've started to go extinct. My small center used to have at least one air exception driver in the mornings and a bid PM Air route in the afternoon. There is talk that it will be combined with something in the near future. Hopefully feeder work. Saturday drivers here are getting eliminated once 22.4s are on board.

11.19igrad

Air drivers are becoming a thing of the past in some buildings. With 22.3 and now 22.4s they've started to go extinct. My small center used to have at least one air exception driver in the mornings and a bid PM Air route in the afternoon. There is talk that it will be combined with something in the near future. Hopefully feeder work. Saturday drivers here are getting eliminated once 22.4s are on board.
Yeah we have 900 22.4s that's not an option.

11.19igrad

this is why my union reps hate me because I kind of seared them on why they would agree to this 22.4 contract. They don't give a .... But then they pretend they are going to grovel to the company on your behalf. Why so many kindergarten games? arent we adults????

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
this is why my union reps hate me because I kind of seared them on why they would agree to this 22.4 contract. They don't give a .... But then they pretend they are going to grovel to the company on your behalf. Why so many kindergarten games? arent we adults????
If we were adults, we wouldn't be crying about how our mistakes aren't our fault for weeks and weeks on end...
Just sayin'.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
3192435737_6d81f4bb88.jpg